Will sending my Bird off to DJI fix the "no Signal" issue?

Reaction score
Some have told me that they have heard of people sending there bird in under warranty and DJI fixed the "no signal" issue? Does anyone know if this is true? I am about to the end of my warranty 6 months and if it will I will send it in. Thanks for any info....

Unless you are in a situation to where you are not able to fly very far like further then 500ft, I'd say they will send it back and say there wasn't anything wrong.

Sent mine back and got refund, way too many issues with these, will wait and see what comes out next year

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Sent back straight away to the shop I purchased it from, to be honest from reading this forum there are way too many problems with this unit. I know there are plenty of people who have had no problems but when a company puts out a product costing this sort of money it should be free of all this sort of stuff. Way too many updates why can't they produce a drone that takes good video and photos. Flies 2-3 km and that's it.

Sent back straight away to the shop I purchased it from, to be honest from reading this forum there are way too many problems with this unit. I know there are plenty of people who have had no problems but when a company puts out a product costing this sort of money it should be free of all this sort of stuff. Way too many updates why can't they produce a drone that takes good video and photos. Flies 2-3 km and that's it.

They do.

Its called the phantom 3 :) and the vast majority of owners seem to be able to fly it fine.

Reactions: AndyS
Look , spend a while reading through all the forums built for these drones..the underlying theme is problems, how to change updates, cracking shells etc. I guarantee the first sign of any problem with your unit you will be on here complaining about it and believe me it will happen. A lot of people spending a lot of money on these, thinking they can take them out of the box, charge and fly but this is not the case. Very little instruction only what can be got online.

People have a propensity to cry about issues as opposed to raving about successes. The successes far outweigh the failures with this product. I know about 15 folks with Phantoms. Only one has had an issue and DJI corrected it.

Yeh I don't get some of these issues. yesterday I saw a P3 go 2.2 miles out and RTH.

It did have a Windsurfer antenna but still compared to others who cant go 500 ft.

Must be a faulty board, connection or environmental issue ?

People have a propensity to cry about issues as opposed to raving about successes. The successes far outweigh the failures with this product. I know about 15 folks with Phantoms. Only one has had an issue and DJI corrected it.

Have you ever had any problems with yours

Not a one.

I do agree with you on the +'s outweigh the -'s, have mine since launch & problem free till not last update but the previous, now this signal loss is stuck to me like glue, straight up I'm not the most tech minded going but this has me flummoxed, I suppose I'd be care free until it landed @ my doorstep too

Well I am not crying at all, just trying to get my bird right. When I got the bird with 1.1.9 on it did great. Upgraded to 1.2.6 and months went by dealing with this problem. 1.3.2 came out and it was better but still did it. Then I found out about the channel hack, did it and flew perfect for many flights again on channel 32. Then 1.4.0 came out and the first flight it seemed ok. Found out my ipad mini2 wifi would not do the follow me and dropped another 500.00 when the ipad mini 4 cell came out. then it comes with 9.0 and now running Dji go 2.4 ipad updates to 9.1 by itself. And updates the remote when I fired it up the first time. Still on channel 32 but with all the updates I am back to loosing video. Not only can I not see to know what I am taking pics of but Halloween night everyone was coming up to me wanting to see the controller and they would look down and say what does that mean. I oh course look down and NO SIGNAL......crap I just want it to work right for once....and stay working.

I agree. Having a background in RC/hobby and engineering, I must admit that the P3 is an amazing device and has an excellent track record, everything considered. I know of no other hobby AC or even surface device that do as it does and run as long without need for maintenance and/or repair and replacement of parts. And it all costs a lot of money too.

The P3 demands no learning curve from users, and that's one of the main reason behind its success. Lots of newcomers are getting on the drone thing thanks to this. But that is also behind this apparent wave of complaints re. cracks and loss of signal. New hobbyists are also new to all this. Try flying a copter or a plane, every 3/4 flights and it's a crash and/or need for anything new.

I don't mean to put the blame on the users who are having problems. DJI sure has a way to go here in many areas. But for hobbyists the P3 is almost a dream come true. New shells cost little, replacement parts too. Of course DJI could (and probably will) fix it all soon but from an engineering point of view the cost of a definitive solution (e.g. a carbon fiber body) would imply in solutions for other areas as well, like motors and probably transmission too.

Those who want to keep flying and working around the problems whilst going up the learning curve and waiting for DJI to improve too, may or may not get a reward. Going that way has a price too in any area, nothing comes free. Those who find it better to hold back and wait until it is all sorted out and perfect, fine too, it will come.

My P3 has been flying fine since I got it (2 month). I am buying a new body to try a carbon fiber reinforcement inside the lower part. May or may not work, but it will be fun and entertaining regardless. For me, that's what rc/hobby and flying is all about.

Last edited:
I agree. Having a background in RC/hobby and engineering, I must admit that the P3 has en excellent track record and

You started off sometime @ all above & I'm sure were novice, my P3 I love, this no signal might be so simple to fix & without taking a pop @ anybody you guys with experience could have the answer

Don't misundertake me here. I am not saying the product is perfect. No product is. It is created by fallible humans and as such will fail. For me, I'm kind of like the guy that jumps off the roof of the 100 story building and halfway down proclaims "So far, so good!".

Reactions: Ptr
Don't misundertake me here. I am not saying the product is perfect. No product is. It is created by fallible humans and as such will fail. For me, I'm kind of like the guy that jumps off the roof of the 100 story building and halfway down proclaims "So far, so good!".

Haven't tried that yet with my P3, what's it like, where I come from you have money if it's a 3 story building so there goes that plan, factor in signal loss I'm bunched [emoji3]

Reactions: B- Scene Films
Yup, it's called Phantom 3 Pro' to me. ;-)
And @dji have upped the anti. And increased the flight distances.

"With sensitive control sticks, dedicated buttons, and an over 3.1 mile (5km)* range, your customizable Phantom 3 remote controller gives you a completely new way to fly and interact with your Phantom. Ergonomically built to fit perfectly in your hands, your remote gives you the confidence to fly the way you want." ;-)

Just like a bird? Hehe

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
I'm not saying it's perfect or anything, it will have problems and bugs and it's reasonable to expect so. It's a very advanced AC and the kind of tech that allows the P3 to fly in such an easy, safe and stable way (all the sophisticated telemetry and positioning, real time image transmission, stability controls, safety systems, intelligent flying, etc.) WILL have bugs and WILL need updates, upgrades and all. Like any machine it will fail too, of course.

Until recently RC/hobby was a very open, DIY endeavour. And From building an aircraft to learning to fly it, to actually FLYING it on your own (not without a crash or two here and there) the path was long, hard and costly. To have the kind of experience afforded by the Pahntom, you have to pay a lot more I tell you. A lot more.

DJI, Parrot and a few other companies are presenting "closed", "ready made" and complete drone solutions for consumers and that's awesome but it won't be smooth. Heck, I can't help finding it amazing that the P3 goes 2 miles away up and down while filming and transmitting in high res to my iPad for almost 25 minutes, 10 or 20 times straight without needing a new motor or props or anything just a quick charge. And if it has a problem if goes back home by itself. Thinking of that, it's very, very sophisticated and impressive.

Disclaimer: I am not connected to DJI or any other company, I'm suffering the same problems as everyone else and paying my fixes and just trying to see things from a different perspective.

It's way out there as a platform like nothing else I've ever tried, what problems are you having

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20