will not takeoff

Reaction score
A little background,

User: I have never flown a drone

P2: Was purchased used, everything seemed to be in working order (never saw it fly)

Issue: I read the manual that came with the P2, followed the instructions on how to calibrate the GPS (i was successful) and yet I am unable to achieve a takeoff.

I have the props on the correct motors, the aircraft will start up and give me green indicator lights, but when I throttle up to lift off the front (side opposite of the battery) always comes over the top and it tips over. I've seen people say i need to log in and do advanced configurations, ive seen that the props might be on incorrectly (i doubt this is the issue but i can check again), but I'm entirely frustrated and ready to spike the **** thing lol.

I know this is a common issue but I have yet to see someone actually have the answer spelled out easily to follow.

Please help!

A little background,

P2: Was purchased used, everything seemed to be in working order (never saw it fly)

Issue: I read the manual that came with the P2, followed the instructions on how to calibrate the GPS (i was successful) and yet I am unable to achieve a takeoff.

I have the props on the correct motors, the aircraft will start up and give me green indicator lights, but when I throttle up to lift off the front (side opposite of the battery) always comes over the top and it tips over. I've seen people say i need to log in and do advanced configurations, ive seen that the props might be on incorrectly (i doubt this is the issue but i can check again), but I'm entirely frustrated and ready to spike the **** thing lol.

I know this is a common issue but I have yet to see someone actually have the answer spelled out easily to follow.

Please help!
Hi i dont have p2 but check props ok and not out ut of balance,is take off point nice flat,make sure blades are on right,even take blades off and start to make sure all motors spin good,auto or manual take off,try manual takeoff,sometime auto takeoff not quite right and can cause a flip or tip over,and knowlage the key you can never read enough, theres a few p2s around someone might have better solution for this ,and dont spike it yet hang in there you be flying :)

You will have to log in to use the app .
When your taking off you are jumping it off the ground right , like giving it alot of throttle just to get it up . If you are doing it slow it's possible to do that . I have.
ianzone a P2 don't have auto takeoff . That came around with the P3's . Welcome to the forum claird2706 .:)

You will have to log in to use the app .
When your taking off you are jumping it off the ground right , like giving it alot of throttle just to get it up . If you are doing it slow it's possible to do that . I have.
ianzone a P2 don't have auto takeoff . That came around with the P3's . Welcome to the forum claird2706 .:)
Thanks was un sure with p2,might have to get for me collection,no auto takeoff ,had no idea i should have read before jumping the gun on my lack of info on this :(

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks was un sure with p2,might have to get for me collection,no auto takeoff ,had no idea i should have read before jumping the gun on my lack of info on this :(
Isn't nothing ian I have had 7 all together and ya just didn't know ;)

A little background,

Please help!

Sorry but tipping over is not a common problem. First of all, let's see which see which P2 you have. Here are two photos which the one you have.

Phantom 2 non-vision came with Zenmuse gimbal but not the GoPro camera.
Phantom 2 NV.jpg

Phantom 2 vision + Came with DJI gimbal and camera.
Phantom 2 vision.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.