Will not lift off after new firmware install

Reaction score
I have installed the new firmware, re-calibrated everything but now, when applying full throttle for lift off, is has just enough lift to skip along the ground. Props are on right side up. Sticks are calibrated, IMU is calibrated, etc. I've have the props off and Assistant loaded so many times I'm stumped.

What gives? Ideas Please...

LJ35 said:
Sounds like you're not getting enough throttle response. Did you calibrate the transmitter?

No, that's the one thing I did not do. Thanks, I'll give it a try. I appreciate it.

I'm having the same issue at all firmware levels. I have calibrated my transmitter, reinstalled firmware, 3.0, 3.14 and 3.16 and still have this issue. The phantom is new and I have had this issue since unboxing yesterday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
-luke

Here's a video : http://youtu.be/GBtjJMosLNU

fizzviic said:
LJ35 said:
Sounds like you're not getting enough throttle response. Did you calibrate the transmitter?

No, that's the one thing I did not do. Thanks, I'll give it a try. I appreciate it.

I hope that solves your problem. I suggest repeating all of the Phantom NAZA calibrations after calibrating the transmitter itself. Let us know if that solves your problem. FWIW, there are lots of us who are using Firmware v3.16 with no issues, so there does not appear to be a systematic issue with it.

Steve

fizzviic said:
Problem solved. Transmitter recalibration did the trick. Thanks
Good to hear.

I'm now in the habit of checking TX stick throws and switch operation whenever I'm connected to the NAZA software for IMU calibration.

I had a similar issue the Tx cal didn't solve it on mine I forgot to reload the default parameters file from their web site the software alone dropped all the gain settings on my Phantom with the vertical one dropping to 50% loading the defaults file sets most of the gains to 125% and the vertical to 100%.

Brian

UTR said:
I had a similar issue the Tx cal didn't solve it on mine I forgot to reload the default parameters file from their web site the software alone dropped all the gain settings on my Phantom with the vertical one dropping to 50% loading the defaults file sets most of the gains to 125% and the vertical to 100%.

Brian

What are your current gain settings? Did this solve your issue? Thanks!

-luke

Nunner said:
UTR said:

Brian

-luke

Without loading the parameters file all the gain settings were at 100% with the vertical at 50% with the parameters file loaded they are at 125% with the yaw and vertical at 100% I won't have a chance to test it until tomorrow but not loading the parameters file caused all sorts of issues. First off when I loaded the software I got the ERROR[27] compass calibration warning, then I got the CFG-ERR Tx calibration warning (this is because the software defaults to d-sub not ppm) I also noticed that when compass calibration error comes up the software disables IOC and all the gain settings are dropped. I loaded the default parameters, went outside recalibrated my compass came back in enabled IOC and recalibrated my Tx. The only thing I haven't tested atm which I'll do tomorrow was the gain settings but I'm sure that's what the problem was. In fact I'll pop my battery on charge now and go an test it. I'll update about 13.15ish

Brian

UTR said:
Nunner said:
UTR said:

Brian

-luke

Without loading the parameters file all the gain settings were at 100% with the vertical at 50% with the parameters file loaded they are at 125% with the yaw and vertical at 100% I won't have a chance to test it until tomorrow but not loading the parameters file caused all sorts of issues. First off when I loaded the software I got the ERROR[27] compass calibration warning, then I got the CFG-ERR Tx calibration warning (this is because the software defaults to d-sub not ppm) I also noticed that when compass calibration error comes up the software disables IOC and all the gain settings are dropped. I loaded the default parameters, went outside recalibrated my compass came back in enabled IOC and recalibrated my Tx. The only thing I haven't tested atm which I'll do tomorrow was the gain settings but I'm sure that's what the problem was. In fact I'll pop my battery on charge now and go an test it. I'll update about 13.15ish

Brian

Ok I just popped over the park rushing because I have work switched on my Tx and realised that I've left the Tx batteries on charge /facepalm zipped home grabbed the batteries and tried again. The Phantom takes off and it looks as though the back props aren't spinning as fast as the front ones. It's a little sluggish taking off and the back drops a little. I did about 10 starts and all were the same so I don't know if that's a sensor calibration issue or a firmware issue but that being said once in the air it flies find. The take offs were completely unloaded no camera's etc I'll try it tomorrow with some load on it and see what it does. But it def feels like it's not taking off as fast as 3.14.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj