Will my Phantom 3 Standard have enough battery?

Reaction score
Hello all! I was planning a route, and i was wondering if this distance is too much to ask from the P3S?

The temp will be either -5 or +5 C. Btw i am going to follow the drone by car, Good idea?

Here is the mission.
Mission Hub - Litchi

It might be a good idea to fly the P3S several times to determine what flight time that particular battery will provide. Also prudent to plan about a 20% reserve to be available at the end point. On the day of the flight ensure wind is not going to be more than you planned for as it will cause more battery drain just like colder temperatures.

Hello - in my opinion, you would be pushing it. It looks like the mission would last 12 minutes. Since your last way point is quite a bit away from your starting waypoint (which is a HUGE mistake) - the drone would need to fly back another 12 minutes so the total would be 24 minutes. 25 min is the absolute max u can expect. To be safe, I recommend keeping the flight around 15 total minutes. Again though, you really want to have your last waypoint to be right next your first waypoint. That way, if something goes wrong - the mission will keep flying and basically put your drone right next to u.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hello - in my opinion, you would be pushing it. It looks like the mission would last 12 minutes. Since your last way point is quite a bit away from your starting waypoint (which is a HUGE mistake) - the drone would need to fly back another 12 minutes so the total would be 24 minutes. 25 min is the absolute max u can expect. To be safe, I recommend keeping the flight around 15 total minutes. Again though, you really want to have your last waypoint to be right next your first waypoint. That way, if something goes wrong - the mission will keep flying and basically put your drone right next to u.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Last waypoint near first is bad advice if following the drone in a vehicle. I would recommend setting the end action to hover and keeping the remote pointed at the AC in an effort to maintain connection.

Reactions: Robbutler1977
Last waypoint near first is bad advice if following the drone in a vehicle. I would recommend setting the end action to hover and keeping the remote pointed at the AC in an effort to maintain connection.

So I hear ya about if you are following the drone in a vehicle - hadn't considered that possibility. I usually fly the drone from a stationary position.

Would there be a problem caused if, say, the Litchi mission ends before the pilot gets within RC range? Surely in that case the AC will then enable Failsafe RTH because of loss of signal and start heading back to it's launching position. I'm no expert on this btw

Your mission shows 12 mins. If you are planning on ending your mission there (one way) then no problem, but you would be hangin off a string if you'd try to make it back. Just set it to hover at end of the mission and land it manually. I'd be too scared to send it on a mission over 15 mins, just because I need to know I have reserves if something happens.
Good luck though

Reactions: G-CCAS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj