Will my P2V fall from the sky?

Reaction score
A question from a new owner of the P2V. When decending from a high altitude "full down" for more than 5 seconds. Will engines shut down, and my P2V fall from the sky?

It shouldn't.

I try not to go straight down. I noticed that the bird has a tough time doing that. I try to give it some forward direction as it descends. After further reading I'm thinking perhaps it is getting caught it its own prop wash.

Tommy, the Phantom has a feature to prevent that ("Intelligent Throttle Control"), which I believe is enabled by default in the Vision. However, you should still avoid coming down too fast or the aerodynamic effects will cause you to drop uncontrollably even though the motors don't shut down.

tommyog said:
Hmmm, it seems that there is a bit of confusion on this matter...

?? confusion ?? ... None at all .... descend straight down and you will get hit with an aerodynamic vortex and you will more than likely lose control and crash, hence people saying when descending give copter some forward or backward motion ..... as far as I know the only time the engines will shut down is if you run out of power, turn them off yourself or crash into something and kill them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic