will it work with a boscam monitor?

Reaction score
I am considering buying the vision simply for the fact the camera is designed for the drone.
I have the Boscam 7" monitor and want to know if I can use that instead of a cell phone?
Will I need to add the avl58 Tx to the drone or not?

Another reason for the upgrade is the longer flying time.

Also, can we buy your products at your LA store or shop?

The Vision's video downlink is via 2.4GHz wifi, and designed only to work on an appropriate iOS or Android device. If you have a phone/tablet that can do HDMI out then you can attach that to an HDMI to RCA adapter and plug it into anything to mirror your screen. People have reported good things using 7" form factor tablets like Nexus 7 or iPad mini.

You shouldn't really attach anything like the AVL58 for a couple of reasons:

1. The Vision uses 5.8GHz for its control frequency - you risk control interference;
2. There's no way of getting video out of the camera into another device as it's a self-contained unit that includes the wifi transceivers;
3. The app is not just for video downlink, it also controls shutter for video and stills, camera setting adjustments, gimbal tilt, radar and map overlays, etc.

Thank you kind sir.
If I were to get the phantom 2 with the zenmeuse gimbal mount I will be able to use the link then?

The really big drawback to this system, is the required cable needed to connect the avl58 tx to the hero 3+ camera.
Would that cable be included in the bundle or not?
If not, where do I get one from?
Seems to me that if you sell the system, you should include the required cable in the package.
Otherwise, there is no point in investing in it.

Suwaneeguy said:
Thank you kind sir.
If I were to get the phantom 2 with the zenmeuse gimbal mount I will be able to use the link then?

Yes, the P2 uses the more usual 2.4GHz control frequency, so you're all clear on the 5.8 band.

The answer to all your other questions is "I don't know" but the kind people over in the P2 section should be able to tell you what comes in what packages...

Suwaneeguy said:
Thank you kind sir.

The really big drawback to this system, is the required cable needed to connect the avl58 tx to the hero 3+ camera.
Would that cable be included in the bundle or not?
If not, where do I get one from?
Seems to me that if you sell the system, you should include the required cable in the package.
Otherwise, there is no point in investing in it.

You can use any monitor as long as it can receive an RCA cable, you can also use a 5.8 wireless monitor.
If you buy a wireless package from Dronefly they will have all the cords you need for your rig :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj