Will I be prompted to update firmware?

Reaction score
I'm getting in my P4 tomorrow and planning on going into the DJI Assist program to set altitude limits. Will it automatically try to update the firmware or will I be able to say no and prevent it? If so I won't even go into the program. Thanks.

I'm getting in my P4 tomorrow and planning on going into the DJI Assist program to set altitude limits.
You should set those in DJI GO. And, update your firmware like this.

Reactions: Ramphex
Thanks. Can I set altitude limits in the DJI Go app?
Yes, you can. Most settings are controlled through DJI GO's various menus.

Reactions: JWarren
Great. Thank you sir. Last time I flew was over a year ago with a PV2+, so my knowledge is way outdated it seems.

If you haven't done so already, you can download the Phantom 4 manual from the DJI downloads page and get a head start.

But I wouldn't update only causes issues

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Don't fall into the trap of believing that. Just like the people that think iOS updates will cause issues and in 2016 have iOS 6 on their iPhones.

Are you speaking from experience? Most people don't have trouble with firmware updates when they are installed properly.

I won't be installing 2.8.2, that's for sure. Msinger, did it not cause you problems?

Are you speaking from experience? Most people don't have trouble with firmware updates when they are installed properly.

Yes experience from this forum, endless bricking of rc units and phantoms losing range that's my experience, good enough for me to opt out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I won't be installing 2.8.2, that's for sure. Msinger, did it not cause you problems?
Skip it and install 2.8.3 instead. It's supposed to resolve the issues that some people have been reporting.

I noticed yesterday that my iPad 4 Mini automatically updated my DJI Go App. I was just about in shock because of reading on this forum of all the problems people were having with 2.8.2. I did some testing last night with my Phantom 4. I had no issues, everything worked as it should. I had no video cutouts, controls worked perfect, range was good! I was really worried, only had my P4 for less than a month!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl