Will firmware let me go higher than 400ft if going uphill?

Reaction score
Situation: I'm at the bottom of a hill and want to look at something that is 600 ft. higher than I am on a hill with a Phantom 4. If I take off from the bottom of the hill and work the drone up the slope, it remains under the 400 ft. FAA guideline relative to the ground directly underneath the drone. However, at some point, the drone will exceed the 400 ft. mark relative to it's takeoff point. I have set the "Set Max Flight Altitude" limit in the "Main Controller Settings" to 500M and approved the warning.

Question: Will the drone stop at 400 ft. from it's takeoff point or will it consider that it has higher ground under it and keep climbing?

However, at some point, the drone will exceed the 400 ft. mark relative to it's takeoff point. I have set the "Set Max Flight Altitude" limit in the "Main Controller Settings" to 500M and approved the warning.
Question: Will the drone stop at 400 ft. from it's takeoff point or will it consider that it has higher ground under it and keep climbing?
The Phantom will only stop at 400 feet if you have the user configurable limit set at 400 feet.

No, now you have set the ceiling height of 500m that will allow the phantom to fly to 500m "around 1,640 foot from home point

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers