Will DUI affect approval for certificate?

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question. Does anyone know if a DUI charge that occurred a year ago will prevent me from getting my certification. I know if
You have a marijuana charge within last year then you will be denied. Just trying to figure out how the DUI situation works if there is a situation that is.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey guys quick question. Does anyone know if a DUI charge that occurred a year ago will prevent me from getting my certification. I know if
You have a marijuana charge within last year then you will be denied. Just trying to figure out how the DUI situation works if there is a situation that is.

I had a dui a few yrs back and it didn't effect me.

I'm pretty sure that it wont, unless you are in the middle of the conviction stage.

No my conviction happened a year ago, I've already gotten my license back and all. Just don't know how much they care about driving record cause let's just say I have a lot of fast driving awards

I guess it differs from place to place and you must confirm it from a good lawyer. I know a very good Los Angeles DUI lawyer but don’t know if you live around or not. However, going to ask him about this as seems to be an important question.

*Link Removed by Moderator*

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it differs from place to place and you must confirm it from a good lawyer. I know a very good Los Angeles DUI lawyer but don’t know if you live around or not. However, going to ask him about this as seems to be an important question.

*Link Removed by Moderator*

This is an FAA issue so it doesn't matter what STATE you live in. It's a US thing not a state by state issue.

one shouldn't matter in past with complete fulfillment but more than one, expect delays and possible denial.

I mentioned in another post that UAV pilots especially 107 operators should join the AOPA and subscribe to the Legal Services offered. Free lawyers by ones who know what is going on. Since you seem to be going for 107, I would join first and immediately call Legal Services for advice. After you join, representation is free up to a point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31