Will DJI send you a completely new drone If sent in for repairs?

Reaction score
I recently crashed my drone into a tree due to sensor failure. I was told to send the bird back to DJI repair center, but I only sent the bird and controller and one battery to DJI repair center. I asked them that I would like them to send me a new drone but I jus relized that I didn't send the props or the battery charger. Will they still send me a new bird even if I didn't include all the parts?

Depends on what needs to be repaired but you're likely to get a refurbished, not a new drone.

Thankyou Mr. Salty, my two side censor covers for the P4 Pro popped out and I can't find them, do you think they will replace it? Thankyou :)

I crashed mine the 3rd week in December and they repaired mine instead of replacing it. I was kinda pissed since there was over 750 dollars in damages. But it's been working fine since I got it back (aside from the occasional horizon issue), so I'm ok with it.

I recently crashed my drone into a tree due to sensor failure. I was told to send the bird back to DJI repair center, but I only sent the bird and controller and one battery to DJI repair center. I asked them that I would like them to send me a new drone but I jus relized that I didn't send the props or the battery charger. Will they still send me a new bird even if I didn't include all the parts?
If they deem your situation covered by warranty, they will likely sent you a new drone, that's what they did for me. If they deem it pilot error, they will quote you a price to fix it and charge you for the labor and materials. Usually if it's covered by warranty, it's determined prior to shipment by evidence you provide them, such as the flight log and video of the flight. If they deem it covered by warranty, they usually send you a prepaid shipping label.

I've heard the sensors will not always detect small thin objects like wires or small tree limbs without leaves. So avoiding trees may not be me covered under warranty, unless you can provide some evidence showing what happened, enough that DJI can deem it compelling to justify warranty coverage. You'd have to prove the craft has OA enabled, etc.

When you say you hit a tree, that sounds like pilot error.

As for your accessories, don't worry about that. DJI usually asks you to NOT RETURN any accessories, including no props, no SD card and no battery (assuming your battery is OK). If the battery was damaged, then yes, you should return the battery. You usually don't need to return the controller either, they don't want it if nothing has happened to the RC.

I'm surprised you didn't get these instructions from DJI Carson when you requested a warranty repair. Are you in the US?

If they deem your situation covered by warranty, they will likely sent you a new drone, that's what they did for me. If they deem it pilot error, they will quote you a price to fix it and charge you for the labor and materials. Usually if it's covered by warranty, it's determined prior to shipment by evidence you provide them, such as the flight log and video of the flight. If they deem it covered by warranty, they usually send you a prepaid shipping label.

I've heard the sensors will not always detect small thin objects like wires or small tree limbs without leaves. So avoiding trees may not be me covered under warranty, unless you can provide some evidence showing what happened, enough that DJI can deem it compelling to justify warranty coverage. You'd have to prove the craft has OA enabled, etc.

When you say you hit a tree, that sounds like pilot error.

As for your accessories, don't worry about that. DJI usually asks you to NOT RETURN any accessories, including no props, no SD card and no battery (assuming your battery is OK). If the battery was damaged, then yes, you should return the battery. You usually don't need to return the controller either, they don't want it if nothing has happened to the RC.

I'm surprised you didn't get these instructions from DJI Carson when you requested a warranty repair. Are you in the US?

-----------------------------------------------------
Yes I am in the US, when I ran into the tree it didn't happen like that, I took the drone off with 15 connected satellites, no wind everything was perfect, all of the sudden it takes off and speeds forward a tree, there was nothing I could do to stop it. I want DJI to send me another drone because it is kind of messed up and I don't think they can fix it. So I would like to know how the situation is going to go down and what I need to do to make sure they send me another one and how I can prove it was out of control. Thankyou

They _can_ repair it or send a reconditioned (used) Phantom. However, they may sometimes send a new Phantom, it really depends if they have a reconditioned Phantom in stock or not.

So they answer, at this time, is... they may or may not.

Also, from I've seen, they only send you what you sent to them.

Reactions: cr6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.