Will an older Vision case work with Vision+ ?

Average.joe.rc.flyer said:
Looking for a case for the Phantom 2V+

Anyone try this case for their new Vision+?

Go Professional Cases Phantom 2 Vision/gopro Hard Case
http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Case ... ion+2+case

Or any recomendations? I never bought a case for my Phantom 1, but it sure would have been useful. For the Vision+ i think it's a must have item.

I would give it 1 more week before the vision+ specific cases show up. or so one of the case makers was saying. They already have the new vision+ and know what changes need to be made, they just have to manufacture the new foam inserts.

I picked up one of those cheaper $129 cases that poped up on amazon and said it was vision+ compatible. I can say that yes it does all fit in this case, however the quality of the case is not top knoch like you would get with the other cases that cost twice the price. Also these cases are not lite, after work I plan on purchasing a cheap luggage cart so I can wheel it around when ever I take it somewhere. one more thing, most of the cases are to big for carry on luggage when flying on a plane if that is something you will be doing often.

I've got the HPRC case (no wheels) for the Vision and my Plus doesn't seem to sit low enough in order for me to feel comfortable leaving the props on. There are small foam pieces that seem to be there to hold the props in place in the case, but the plus sits too high. There is a very small amount of foam left in the bottom where the legs sit, but it seems unlikely that the phantom will sit much lower even if this is cut out. With the props off, the rotor near the back of the case still get pressure by topside foam somewhat. The motors prop screws sit high enough that the case top will NOT close without pressing down to engage the latches. Although the props could conceivably be left on, they would certainly bend. Overtime it seems this would warp the props. I am certainly not going to waste a set of props to test it. In the mean time I remove the props which takes 60 seconds, and place them in the space near the front of the case.

I've never placed a Vision 1 in the case, so I don't know how well it sat inside this case. Perhaps someone who has the HPRC2700PHA2 , (I know there are a few) can relate their experience with both the vision and vision plus. It also appears the foam isn't exactly as it appears in the Amazon photo, from which I bought it, but does appear to be the same foam as shown in the B&H web page. Other than this issue, the case is solid.

I have the Go Professional case I bought for the P2V. My P2V+ fits perfectly...remote control, wifi extender, all of it. I do think it sits slightly higher than the P2V, but I always take my props off.

crashoften said:
I've got the HPRC case (no wheels) for the Vision and my Plus doesn't seem to sit low enough in order for me to feel comfortable leaving the props on. There are small foam pieces that seem to be there to hold the props in place in the case, but the plus sits too high. There is a very small amount of foam left in the bottom where the legs sit, but it seems unlikely that the phantom will sit much lower even if this is cut out. With the props off, the rotor near the back of the case still get pressure by topside foam somewhat. The motors prop screws sit high enough that the case top will NOT close without pressing down to engage the latches. Although the props could conceivably be left on, they would certainly bend. Overtime it seems this would warp the props. I am certainly not going to waste a set of props to test it. In the mean time I remove the props which takes 60 seconds, and place them in the space near the front of the case.

I've never placed a Vision 1 in the case, so I don't know how well it sat inside this case. Perhaps someone who has the HPRC2700PHA2 , (I know there are a few) can relate their experience with both the vision and vision plus. It also appears the foam isn't exactly as it appears in the Amazon photo, from which I bought it, but does appear to be the same foam as shown in the B&H web page. Other than this issue, the case is solid.

I have just ordered HPRC2700PHA2 ( No wheels ) Shitty, They not send it yet, maybe there will be time to change that. Could please send us photos how exactly this case look like with Vision + ? I picked that case due to have a little smaller puting inside airplane. But from what you wrote looks that HPRC2700WPHA2 ( with wheels ) is a better solution.

mchrol said:
I have just ordered HPRC2700PHA2 ( No wheels ) Shitty, They not send it yet, maybe there will be time to change that. Could please send us photos how exactly this case look like with Vision + ? I picked that case due to have a little smaller puting inside airplane. But from what you wrote looks that HPRC2700WPHA2 ( with wheels ) is a better solution.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/ ... 000279.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/ ... 000281.jpg

In taking the open case photo, I tried to make sure the front of the case and back were level for an accurate representation, but, it may be off slightly. As you see, the motors sit up quite high. The top has enough space to close correctly, but requires your hand to push down on, as the lid foam resistance against the phantom is enough to stop it from closing on its own. It stops just short of closing with no pressure. Not a big deal, but you can probably see keeping the props on is a no go. Again, I like the case and it has enough room to carry the entire phantom setup plus 4 batteries, (only two dedicated spots, but I use other open areas) a tablet holder, Samsung tab 2.7.0 tablet, manuals, two sets of props, couple other trinkets. It just isn't "perfect" for the vision. Just not quite deep enough.

This question has been asked a bunch of times and yes it fits ! Fits in my tradecraft case fine.

crashoften said:
mchrol said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/ ... 000279.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/ ... 000281.jpg

In taking the open case photo, I tried to make sure the front of the case and back were level for an accurate representation, but, it may be off slightly. As you see, the motors sit up quite high. The top has enough space to close correctly, but requires your hand to push down on, as the lid foam resistance against the phantom is enough to stop it from closing on its own. It stops just short of closing with no pressure. Not a big deal, but you can probably see keeping the props on is a no go. Again, I like the case and it has enough room to carry the entire phantom setup plus 4 batteries, (only two dedicated spots, but I use other open areas) a tablet holder, Samsung tab 2.7.0 tablet, manuals, two sets of props, couple other trinkets. It just isn't "perfect" for the vision. Just not quite deep enough.

Thanks for photo.As I can see you have a little trouble to close fully case. I think tomorrow morning i will call plaberstore.com and will try to change for a little bigger HPRC 2700WPHA2. I hope they will agree as I paid already. Intention is to have a good case where I can keep my bird with props on it. I dont wanna take off before put inside.

Just an fyi regarding Item model number: XB-DJI-VISION

email I received from goprocases.com:
Thank you for your inquiry about the DJI Phantom Vision + case. We have been trying our hardest to get our hands on a Vision + for the past 2 weeks. Finally we got in proper measurements and feedback from a customer that has our XB-DJI-VISION case for his Vision +. And the XB-DJI-VISION case will fit the Vision +. Thank you for contacting Go Professional Cases.

Here's my P2V+ in the Tradecraft case formerly occupied by my P2V. Legs are a little taller on the P2V+ but it fits fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 337

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers