Will an iPad Air 2 fit the stock remote holder?

Reaction score
Pulling the trigger today and buying my P4. Was going to go with a iPad 4 mini, but have been reading the iPad Air seems to have less problems. Thanks

My iPad Mini 4 has been working just fine so far.

You might want to replace the stock plastic support bracket on your remote with one of the aluminum support brackets availavble on the market. It will support the additional weight of the iPad and keep it from flopping around.

You might want to replace the stock plastic support bracket on your remote with one of the aluminum support brackets availavble on the market. It will support the additional weight of the iPad and keep it from flopping around.

The support bracket on the P4 RC is aluminum.

The support bracket is aluminum but the material it is made from is not what makes it wobbly, the threads only go into the controller a little bit and all the weight is supported by the threads. I use an iPad Pro 9.7" which is the same size as the ipad air and it is wobbly with the stock bracket. I purchased this wide foot bracket on eBay and couldn't be happier:
A Silver CNC Mount Display Holder Bracket for DJI Phantom 3&Inspire 1 Controller
It even has little bushings for where the bracket connects to the tablet holder so you can tighten it down rather right.

My 9.7" iPad fits the stock iPad holder but I can't ratchet it down as it is extended to the max, if you use a sun shade or even most cases you will need to order extension clips. I made my own sun shade and it is kinda thick at the bottom so I needed the thicker extension clips. Dave @dynamic3dSolutions made a custom top clip for me (3/4" space) and I ordered a 5/8" piece for the bottom clip and now they work perfectly with my sun shade. I had already ordered the 1/2" clips before I made my sun shade and those are what I use when I am not using my shade (it feels more secure without having to have the iPad holder ratcheted out all the way)

Attachments

• Custom Controller Clips.jpg
    Custom Controller Clips.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 742
Reactions: vidwiz
Pulling the trigger today and buying my P4. Was going to go with a iPad 4 mini, but have been reading the iPad Air seems to have less problems. Thanks

As I said earlier, air 2 fits and works great. I recommend this bracket for sturdiness. The stock bracket does wobble with bigger devices, you can put a dab of nail polish on the screw to keep it right or purchase the bracket below. As far as visors, I've tried them all and the only one that works good under a sunny day is the hoodman kit. www.hoodmanusa.com
If you want to see it in action go to you tube, I did a quick review

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

50cf6390cdbc1aa0aa975dcc21ed53c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
The support bracket is aluminum but the material it is made from is not what makes it wobbly, the threads only go into the controller a little bit and all the weight is supported by the threads. I use an iPad Pro 9.7" which is the same size as the ipad air and it is wobbly with the stock bracket. I purchased this wide foot bracket on eBay and couldn't be happier:
A Silver CNC Mount Display Holder Bracket for DJI Phantom 3&Inspire 1 Controller
It even has little bushings for where the bracket connects to the tablet holder so you can tighten it down rather right.

My 9.7" iPad fits the stock iPad holder but I can't ratchet it down as it is extended to the max, if you use a sun shade or even most cases you will need to order extension clips. I made my own sun shade and it is kinda thick at the bottom so I needed the thicker extension clips. Dave @dynamic3dSolutions made a custom top clip for me (3/4" space) and I ordered a 5/8" piece for the bottom clip and now they work perfectly with my sun shade. I had already ordered the 1/2" clips before I made my sun shade and those are what I use when I am not using my shade (it feels more secure without having to have the iPad holder ratcheted out all the way)

My iPad Air 2 plus sunshade fits in the stock P4 RC holder, although it is at maximum extension.

Thanks for the tip. I'm looking at custom clips as well for ipad pro in case with sunshade. I'm curious why the space (width) of the top clip is different than the bottom, is that due to the construction of your sunshade? Or other factor?

Thanks for the tip. I'm looking at custom clips as well for ipad pro in case with sunshade. I'm curious why the space (width) of the top clip is different than the bottom, is that due to the construction of your sunshade? Or other factor?
it is because the case I have on my iPad Pro is the Apple silicone case. One side of the silicone case is cut out so you can attach the smart cover. I remove the smart cover before I put it in my custom sun shade. So it needs to have more space at the top clip than the bottom clip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic