will an iosd mini work in a p1 1.1.1

Colombus said:
rilot said:
Yes, but you need the PMU V2 to get you a CAN bus port.
Rilot, if you want then (once having P1.1 + iOSD + PMU V2) to install a Zenmuse H3 2D, what is it required?

M

At that point it's plug N play with Zenmuse module. The Iosd mini acts as a thru port

EMCSQUAR said:
Colombus said:
rilot said:
Rilot, if you want then (once having P1.1 + iOSD + PMU V2) to install a Zenmuse H3 2D, what is it required?

M

At that point it's plug N play with Zenmuse module. The Iosd mini acts as a thru port

Great, I didn't know that. Meaning that soldering is not required anymore?

M

nwillitts said:
will it,and if not,what other options are there?

thanks.

Or if you are ok with a soldering iron you can do this and get a Can Bus port without needing to buy a PSUv2:

Saves a good few pounds/dollars and a few grams of weight but probably not for the novice solderer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1nq44GDkOc[/youtube]

DeweyAXD said:
nwillitts said:
will it,and if not,what other options are there?

thanks.

Or if you are ok with a soldering iron you can do this and get a Can Bus port without needing to buy a PSUv2:

Saves a good few pounds/dollars and a few grams of weight but probably not for the novice solderer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1nq44GDkOc[/youtube]
Deway this is really good, just to make sure this will work on the upgraded board ? Is that right.

My question above was related to the stock board, with iOSD and PMU V2. I understand that to install a Zenmuse will be a plug an play.
Is it that correct ?

M

rilot said:
I own a Phantom v1.0 and would like to get an iOSD as well. Do I also need to get a PMU V2?

careysb said:
rilot said:
I own a Phantom v1.0 and would like to get an iOSD as well. Do I also need to get a PMU V2?
Yes, you need both, PMU V2 is mandatory!!

If you use the search tool you should be able to find many other discussions on this topic with some pictures on it, to guide you on the installation. You can try as well on www.djiguys.com, it has been widely treated as well.

Hope this helps.

M

careysb said:
rilot said:

You have two choices:
1) Buy and fit a PMU v2
2) Buy and fit an Upgrade board and create your own CAN-BUS port as per my vid

Option 1 Pros:
- Only need to solder 2 wires (battery positive and negative).
- You get a proper connecter (clicks in)... less work
Option 2 Cons:
- PMUv2 comes in an ally case and weighs a fair bit (not silly weight but enough)
- Space... not an easy fit (especially if you have a non stock TX)
- Cables - the actual DJI cables and connectors are thick and heavy and you can't get them out of the shell (if you want to) without cutting
- Zenmuse GCU needed for Zenmuse use. This is another ally box, is fairly heavy and again the cables are annoyingly big and bulky. You need to solder this in (positive and negative) and if you have the iOSD it gets VERY crowded under the shell

Option 2 Pro's:
- Mainboard once fitted is your PMUv2 so there is no extra weight
- You can create a CAN-BUS port (As per my video) which can be hard wired to the iOSD (see www.sarawuth.com for this)
- More Space
- Zenmuse does NOT need the GCU unit. This a big space (and weight) saver.
- GCU Unit that comes with the Zenmuse (not the P2 Zenmuse) can be used on another craft for swapping the Zenmuse from one to the other if that craft has a NAZA v2 with PMUv2. Or you can sell it for £40.
- Well worth while doing while moving to a Phantom 2 shell (as its basically the same amount of work)

Option 2 Cons:
- Soldering. Swapping the boards means de-soldering the ESC's (not hard but may scare some). Soldering the CAN-BUS port requires a steady hand (As per vid)
- Time.... it will take more time to do this

Hey guys... maybe a dumb question, but hopefully an easy one.

I swapped out the board on my 1.1.1 (no problem at all... simple soldering and replacement) and have everything working wonderfully. I'm wanting to move to FPV 5.8 now. I see the instructions for the CAN-Bus retro-fit, which shouldn't be a problem at all. Those two small solder points are a tad tricky but nothing that can't be done with a little patience.

So here's my question - the upgrade board has a video out connector with the kit. I assume the GoPro backplane plug sends video through the 8-pin cable and out that connection on the upgrade board? How does the iOSD factor into the equation? Does it 'insert itself' between the GoPro connection and the video output of the upgraded board? I'm trying to keep things as clean as possible (which is why I went the upgrade board route) to keep weight, clutter, and points of failure to a minimum.

I appreciate anyone who can quickly explain the video path in the above-mentioned setup!

Thanks!
Adam

DeweyAXD said:
careysb said:
rilot said:

You have two choices:
1) Buy and fit a PMU v2
2) Buy and fit an Upgrade board and create your own CAN-BUS port as per my vid

Option 1 Pros:
- Only need to solder 2 wires (battery positive and negative).
- You get a proper connecter (clicks in)... less work
Option 2 Cons:
- PMUv2 comes in an ally case and weighs a fair bit (not silly weight but enough)
- Space... not an easy fit (especially if you have a non stock TX)
- Cables - the actual DJI cables and connectors are thick and heavy and you can't get them out of the shell (if you want to) without cutting
- Zenmuse GCU needed for Zenmuse use. This is another ally box, is fairly heavy and again the cables are annoyingly big and bulky. You need to solder this in (positive and negative) and if you have the iOSD it gets VERY crowded under the shell

Option 2 Pro's:
- Mainboard once fitted is your PMUv2 so there is no extra weight
- You can create a CAN-BUS port (As per my video) which can be hard wired to the iOSD (see http://www.sarawuth.com for this)
- More Space
- Zenmuse does NOT need the GCU unit. This a big space (and weight) saver.
- GCU Unit that comes with the Zenmuse (not the P2 Zenmuse) can be used on another craft for swapping the Zenmuse from one to the other if that craft has a NAZA v2 with PMUv2. Or you can sell it for £40.
- Well worth while doing while moving to a Phantom 2 shell (as its basically the same amount of work)

Option 2 Cons:
- Soldering. Swapping the boards means de-soldering the ESC's (not hard but may scare some). Soldering the CAN-BUS port requires a steady hand (As per vid)
- Time.... it will take more time to do this
Excellent reply, thanks for your efforts.
I'm using an ARRIS CM2000 gimbal, does that change anything?
I'm also using the stock RX and a Fat Shark TX.

How does the iOSD factor into the equation?

Adam - Yep the upgrade board comes with the Red,Brown, Yellow connectors. They are an output from the feed taken from the Hero3 (as you suggest from the H3 Pinouts on the rear). These wires are:

Red = 5v regulated voltage (not needed in most cases)
Yellow = Video
Brown = Ground

With iOSD you simply take the video and ground feed (yellow and brown) into the iOSD mini unit input and then the output cables you send to your 5.8ghz Video TX.

I'm using an ARRIS CM2000 gimbal, does that change anything?

Shouldn't be a problem with this setup. You will be using the Hero3 USB cable for your output so the video and ground from there goes to the iOSD input and, as above, output goes to the VTX.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik