Will a Phantom Pro 4k camera fit the p3 advanced model?

Anyone here selling p3 Pro camera/gimbal? I have a p3A and want to switch the camera. I know they sell at eBay, B&Hphoto, DJI etc. but maybe someone will offer lesser price tag?

I've got a phantom 3 standard , and I was just wondering if I could change the camera for a 4k one as I want a higher video quality
It's not compatible. Only the P3S camera will work on the P3S.

Dji has now added a faq to there camera page for the advance. It says the birds are exactly the same and that you can switch the pro to the phantom advanced just make sure you run the pro firmwate ( duh!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: 2112Phantom
Few questions, does changing the gimbal invalidate your warranty and where can I get the gold Professional badge for the front of my phantom ;)

It does not invalidate the warranty. In fact in the box that comes with the 4K camera there is a card that shows the compatibility cross reference. The 4K camera turns the advanced into a Pro (apply the Pro firmware). Also, the little gold Professional Badge can also be gotten if you call DJI and ask for a request small parts. It takes a bit, but I got mine. I kept my advanced camera as well.

I bought one from someone on here, but have not yet received it. I'll update you as soon as I get, and install it
Hi Steiger... was the 4K camera from a P3 4K or from a P3P - I ask because I have both and would like to swap cameras, but read on this forum somewhere that the 4K camera "purchased" from DJI will work on a P3A but not the 4K camera "from" a P3 4K - Can anyone explain what the difference between the two 4K cameras is - would seem illogical to have two identical looking yet dissimilar cameras... Mahalo...

I believe it was from a p3p... I ordered it online, right after release because my gimbal arm for bent. At that time, I don't believe they have just the part to order. It worked just fine for me

I believe it was from a p3p... I ordered it online, right after release because my gimbal arm for bent. At that time, I don't believe they have just the part to order. It worked just fine for me
Thx mate... did you have to flash P3P firmware to your P3A bird for it to recognize the 4K camera?

Hi Steiger... was the 4K camera from a P3 4K or from a P3P - I ask because I have both and would like to swap cameras, but read on this forum somewhere that the 4K camera "purchased" from DJI will work on a P3A but not the 4K camera "from" a P3 4K - Can anyone explain what the difference between the two 4K cameras is - would seem illogical to have two identical looking yet dissimilar cameras... Mahalo...

The P3A and P3P cameras are interchangeable. If you put a P3P (4k) camera (which includes a fan that the 2.7K camera doesn't have) on a P3A, it comes up in the app as a P3P, and if you put the 2.7K camera on a P3P, it will come up in the app as a P3A. I did the firmware as well, but unlike Steiger, mine (at the time) actually gave me all the 4K options with the Advanced fw on the aircraft. Granted that was a few levels back though.

As for the 4K camera from the Phantom 4K, it's a totally different "brain". There is a logic board on the P3A and P3P that can talk to the rest of the aircraft whereas the logic board in the Phantom 4K cannot. Hope this helps.

I got my Professional 4K camera from B&H and kept the 2.7K as a spare (as mentioned in my prior post).

Reactions: PunaPhantom
Thanks guys... bit bummed out that I can't use the camera from my P3 4K on my P3A - C'est la vie... Again thanks for all the advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl