WIFI

Reaction score
Flying fine with the go app but I just noticed in the RC settings mode there is a request for the wifi SSID and a password.
As silly as it sounds, is this what I need to do to connect the system to my LAN for updates?
Things are working well and I don't want to screw something up but I want the latest updates with the GO app.http://

Flying fine with the go app but I just noticed in the RC settings mode there is a request for the wifi SSID and a password.
As silly as it sounds, is this what I need to do to connect the system to my LAN for updates?
Things are working well and I don't want to screw something up but I want the latest updates with the GO app.
If you are getting this when you are out flying-- put the app on airplane mode-- you don't want any upgrades going on or any other internet requests while your are flying. If you are home getting this then the app may be asking for this if you have auto upgrades enabled.

I was not flying. I was just looking at the go app and the various settings. It appears the app is asking for the SSID and the password in order to connect the P3 to my wifi network so it can do upgrades.
I just want to verify the app needs this connection to make upgrades. I don't want to brick the drone, but I don't have any teenagers to bail my butt out on the upgrades.

Bob,
I guess I am asking if I need to connect my drone to my network for the upgrades, or is the fact my tablet is connected sufficient?

Things are working well and I don't want to screw something up but I want the latest updates with the GO app.

What menu were you in to get that question?

Bob,
I guess I am asking if I need to connect my drone to my network for the upgrades, or is the fact my tablet is connected sufficient?
Hmmmm-- that's a new one on me--- being of a suspicious nature:D:D-- almost sounds like a hacker question. If it is persistent, don't bite. You allow wifi connection on your device-- I don't think the app would be asking for that.

When I enter camera view with just the tablet I have the disconnected notice. To the right of that is the tx symbol and a wifi symbol. When i tap the wifi symbol I get the Wifi screen which asks for the SSID and password. When I hit reply it says I must restart the aircraft to reset Wifi password.
I don't want to screw up the system because it is working. But I want to be able to get the updates through GO.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439730849.027512.jpg

Figured it out........that's why I have questions.....little weak on computers!

Gotta ask maybe a stupid question... You are running a Phantom 3 right? If so, I dont know what to tell ya. Ive never seen that before. Interested to see what others have to say!

Yeah. P3 advanced. I am wondering if this is what allows the GO app to update through the app. I assumed since my tablet is connected the updates would occur. But my app is showing 2.0.01.

Does your tablet/phone usually have wifi? And did it when you saw that come up?
I turned off WiFi on mine and opened GO and I still dont have a "WIFI" tab. The controller is updated through the tablet now. But the tablet would already have wifi set up since it had to have WiFi to install the app. Im lost

I was just going through the app to familiarize myself with its features. The wifi was on on the tablet while I was doing this. From what you say the app updates through wifi which was what I thought until I saw this. It made me wonder if the app had to have the LAN info to do the updates.

No.. it doesnt. The tablet already has the needed info. The app isnt connecting with its own hardware. Its just using the tablets already set up hardware.

Im amazed no one has responded to this yet. So many have so much to say usually. Im interested in whats going on too.

To answer theOP's question, my guess is the app is big enough that you device want wifi to update. This is normal for large apps. Apple blocks large apps from updating till the device is on wifi so you don't use up your data. Nothing nefarious, just trying to save your data.

Also, Stephan and Ill% Steve, you two need to suck it up & move on. Stop with the childish behavior and act like adults, agree to disagree. If I get more complaints about or from you guys I will be forced to give you both a warning.

Reactions: dirkclod
To answer theOP's question, my guess is the app is big enough that you device want wifi to update. This is normal for large apps. Apple blocks large apps from updating till the device is on wifi so you don't use up your data. Nothing nefarious, just trying to save your data.

Also, Stephan and Ill% Steve, you two need to suck it up & move on. Stop with the childish behavior and act like adults, agree to disagree. If I get more complaints about or from you guys I will be forced to give you both a warning.
ok thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20