Wifi - Wont connect to Galaxy III

Reaction score
I get "No Internet Connection"...when recently trying to connect to my Vision 2 wifi....this just started in the last week or so, used to work fine.

I have good Wifi signal - all green on camera.

any ideas?

thanks!
:?:

Have you tried WiFi Settings > Advanced > Auto Network Switch and uncheck the box?

This should prevent it dumping your Phantom network and looking for one with an internet connection (one of your apps is probably looking for the big wide world and if network switch is enabled the phone will go and look for a "better" network.

My device does not have a "auto network switch" option...

But it detects the Phantom wifi and shows a good signal strength to it on the meter, however when I attempt to "connect" to it, it states "No internet connection"...so I am not able to connect to it.

duckdogs007 said:
My device does not have a "auto network switch" option...

But it detects the Phantom wifi and shows a good signal strength to it on the meter, however when I attempt to "connect" to it, it states "No internet connection"...so I am not able to connect to it.

You're not going to have an internet connection when connected to the Phantom's WiFi. If you're just getting a warning message that says that, but it still stays connected then you're probably okay.

If it disconnects because of the lack of an internet connection then there's probably a setting similar to the "Auto Network Switch" that pull_up mentioned that needs to be changed. if there's an "Advanced" option under WiFi/Settings, see what's there and try changing some things to see if it helps.

-- Roger

It won't connect to the Phantom WiFi....and it has previously...

when I try, it gives that error, saying No Internet Connection...

Advanced settings only have Proxy and IP settings.

It appears that when you activate the "airplane mode" then the Wi-Fi to the Phantom, takes care of this problem...

Not sure why this started happening here lately, but this fix worked!

What?
When you ACTIVATE airplane mode it works?!
That's crazy! I thought when you enable Airplane mode it's supposed to disable all data/wireless data coming from the phone...

WOW THIS ACTUALLY WORKED!!!! I have a Phantom 3 Standard with a Galaxy S4. The wifi connection wouldn't stay on for more than a minute at a time. I scoured the internet and tried all of the advanced settings, turned off bluetooth, forgot my home wifi network, uninstalled Google Play auto-updates, disabled auto-updating, downloaded a wifi analyzer, etc etc, nothing worked. Tried Airplane Mode, turned on wifi - solid, stable signal!! Hallelujah! Thanks DuckDogs!

Activate airplane mode, this does disable wifi, but then just enable wifi, early android devices had the auto network switch setting which you could turn off however some newer versions removed this so Airplane mode with wifi activated is the only option.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic