WiFi to smartphone.

Reaction score
Is it possible to send the video signal from quad through the light bridge to your phone without using a USB cord.

You can via an HDMI cable if you install the HDMI module on the back of your remote controller. It's not possible to do it wirelessly though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can via an HDMI cable if you install the HDMI module on the back of your remote controller. It's not possible to do it wirelessly though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
How do you connect HDMI output to phone?

With an HDMI cable. Is this a trick question? ;)
I wouldn't say it is. The answer is that he'll need an HDMI adapter for his phone, right? I know my LG G3 doesn't have HDMI. If I wanted to use my "phone" with HDMI, I would need a special USB adapter that has an HDMI input. My old Droid X has a micro HDMI port though. Not a fan of Apple, so I don't know about those devices.

An HDMI cable, huh? Wouldn't the plug be too big for the phone?
confused.gif

Edit -
I just watched the video (again). This time I remembered that at the end of the video, the demonstrator doesn't show you how to connect it to the phone, just how to install the HDMI accessory to the remote control, lol.

Last edited:
With an HDMI cable. Is this a trick question? ;)
Yes this is not so easy as we think. First of all I don't know if there is a way to convert HDMI output for connecting to iPhone/ iPad, Even if we find out a way, iPhone will not work as an monitor just to display it on the screen, We might need a special app which captures HDMI signals and displays it on the screen.

Same case would be with the Android phones, we will need an App to make phone work like a monitor.

I have researched enough in this topic and could not find a solution so far for iPhone/ iPad. I found there are 5" or 7" HD monitors available in the market that we may have to buy specially to do it.

Other option is to use HDMI Goggles.

OP wanted to know if we can use phone to display HDMI output, I have no solution so far.

Last edited:
OP wanted to know if we can use phone to display HDMI output, I have no solution so far.
The OP actually wants to transmit the video from Lightbridge via Wi-Fi. Since that's not possible, I decided to share another option that might work.

Sure, you'd need the right cable and app. And, it's true that most (all?) phones do not have an HDMI input. That certainly did not stop DJI from creating an app to display video via a USB cable though.

Perhaps that tryptophan is still kickin' in ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic