Wifi range extender- bricked post Android update Phantom 2 +

I am experiencing a failure of the App to see the phantom v2+. Just started today after 3 months of inactivity. When problem started, I was on Android App DJI Vision 1.0.50. First I tried re-binding extender. Luckily I had kept the pkg. QR Code. Reset and re-binding the extender was successful but did not fix the problem. When I am on the first menu screen of the app, I have a green light indicating a connection to the phantom through the extender. But on the camera screen no data from the phantom is displayed and no image on the FPV screen.

Pressing the camera button to take a picture shows no SD card installed. Four different known good SD cards tried and no change.

When I power down the phantom while connected, connection is lost. When I check binding status it shows ssid and Mac addresses correctly.

I checked for software updates and found none. I knew about 1.0,61, so I uninstalled vision app 1.0.50 and re-installed getting the new 1.0.61.

Same problem, same symptoms, with 1.0.61

I believe it is an Android App problem, not the extender or the bird.

Any suggestions?

A remember a while back somebody had a similar problem and nobody had a solution. He ended up starting from scratch. He reinstalled every firmware he had -everything - and then his FPV worked again.

Just an idea. Good luck.

A remember a while back somebody had a similar problem and nobody had a solution. He ended up starting from scratch. He reinstalled every firmware he had -everything - and then his FPV worked again.

Just an idea. Good luck.

Thanks,
That was my next try when I get the chance. I will post the results.

Jim

My P2V+ was just bricked by their update as well. It's been working great for years and as soon as the update was complete, the video link quit working. After spending over 3 hours on hold and with their support staff, including level 2 support, they had me send it out to them for examination. They just notified me that the Wi-FI video link module and RE700 repeater needed to be replaced and are charging me $267 to fix it!

This is unacceptable since the P2V+ has been working perfectly until THEIR forced update. If the components randomly failed during flight, a crash, or storage, that's one thing, but since THEY forced the update and broke the unit, whether accidentally or maliciously to profit and or force an 'upgrade' to a newer platform, DJI should be responsible for the repair.

So far their claim's department has turned down the repair and it's currently in the second round of 'evaluation'. They really don't seem to be standing behind their own product, actions, or customers.

If you have a P2V+ and its working, DO NOT DO ANY UPDATES!!!

It's hard to have the confidence in DJI to stay brand loyal when they act like this, and there seems to be tons of threads with the same problem.

My P2V+ was just bricked by their update as well. It's been working great for years and as soon as the update was complete, the video link quit working. After spending over 3 hours on hold and with their support staff, including level 2 support, they had me send it out to them for examination. They just notified me that the Wi-FI video link module and RE700 repeater needed to be replaced and are charging me $267 to fix it!

This is unacceptable since the P2V+ has been working perfectly until THEIR forced update. If the components randomly failed during flight, a crash, or storage, that's one thing, but since THEY forced the update and broke the unit, whether accidentally or maliciously to profit and or force an 'upgrade' to a newer platform, DJI should be responsible for the repair.

So far their claim's department has turned down the repair and it's currently in the second round of 'evaluation'. They really don't seem to be standing behind their own product, actions, or customers.

If you have a P2V+ and its working, DO NOT DO ANY UPDATES!!!

It's hard to have the confidence in DJI to stay brand loyal when they act like this, and there seems to be tons of threads with the same problem.
How do you force the DJI VISION APP not to update on your phone?
Or do you simply NOT connect the Phantom to your PC.
My phone shows I am running 1.0.61, have not flown Vision for several months.
Last time (from what I remember) it all worked fine !

How do you force the DJI VISION APP not to update on your phone?
Or do you simply NOT connect the Phantom to your PC.
My phone shows I am running 1.0.61, have not flown Vision for several months.
Last time (from what I remember) it all worked fine !
Mine wasn't a Vision App on the phone but the update on Vision Assistant. If your P2V+ is working and if you can avoid any update on your app, Don't update the app or ever plug it into the Vision Assistant on your computer. Just download the video/pics and be happy it functions.

I had a lot of confidence in DJI as a company before this, but if you google "Phantom Range Extender Brick", you'll see TONS of common issues and DJI not resolving a good portion of them. DJI's customer service is turning out to be extremely poor and I don't have confidence in their updates.

Update: What a horrible company. They needed my proof of purchase twice to verify that I'm the original buyer and to see if it's still under warranty. They apparently are so incompetent that my original submission of the proof of purchase wasn't tied to the creation of my Case number.

Each phone call was a minimum of a 30 minute wait and often 45 minutes to an hour. I was 'accidentally disconnected' TWICE forcing me to go to the end of the queue and waiting again. The first level of 'support' is less than useless while the supervisors/managers aren't all that helpful either.

A supervisor promised an immediate call back 'within an hour' which tuned out to be an email response 3 days later offering a 50% discount on the repair...to the bricked Range Extender which THEIR update CAUSED. After another hour on the phone, rejecting this offer, a supervisor asked the head of the warranty department to cover it and was turned down.

Even at a 50% discount ($133), they are still profiting A LOT on these components. It's unacceptable for a company to intentionally or accidentally release a software update that renders a product useless, and then profiting off of the repairs.

DJI is a horrible company to deal with and I don't trust them at all. You've lost me as a customer.

P2V have black screen and have a line on some brand new in box FC200 - if using android app 1.0.61 and install new camera will this solve the black screen issue - it’s my understanding that the board that’s bricked is in the camera - any help is appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers