Wifi range extender- bricked post Android update Phantom 2 +

Reaction score
I use the android app (Dji visión) and recieved an update a few ago.
Now, I fear that the range extender is bricket.

Seems to be a prevalent issue on the Android app. Mine tries to update every time I launch the app... fortunately (?), it fails... after I started reading all the reports of bricking, I've been choosing "Later".. I don't know how I lucked out with the update failing, but it's a bizarre scenario, and I've seen no official response from DJI yet.

The same thing happened to me two days a go. I was prompt to upgrade it took 60 secs and then the wifi extender stop working. the phantom still works but i can no longer control the camera

I have the same issue. Mine attempted the update and now I can no longer see the WIFI when trying to connect with my phone. The extender and camera appear to be working (no error light conditions), but there is no connection available. I've tried the reset button on the side of the extender, but this seems to have no effect. When powered on, the "system" light on the extender just blinks once every 5 seconds. No other activity. I have an open ticket with DJI and will post results here.

Same problem. Tried everything I could think of. Hopefully they get back to you soon with a solution.

Do you have to send entire copter back, or just the range extender and camera?

He said to send everything....copter, controller, range extender. I get to keep the batteries....

Ugh. Did they give any indication of what it would cost to repair or turnaround time? Hopefully it will be no cost, since their update is what bricked it.

He didn't say anything about cost. I'm hoping it's free since clearly its nothing that we caused. No turnaround time either. He really sounded completely clueless and just didn't know what else to tell me. Hopefully I just wasn't speaking to the right guy and someone else gets a better answer. I think I'll hold off for a little bit before I send it just in case someone figures out a solution.

What idiots work there at DJI ? Are they insane or just plain stupid ?? What happens to those who brick it after warranty ??

Who has the time, money and possibility from other side of the world to send everything to them ? What a disgraceful company !

Reactions: galaviz
When I fired up my app last night, I noticed it was not trying to force the update. Anyone else 'free and clear' of this rogue update?

Last edited:
Over on forum.dji.com, DJI is asking the following.
Dear customers with the same issues, could you please provide us information:
1. Aircraft model
2. Aircraft firmware
3. Mobile device model
4. Mobile device OS version
5. Vision app version
Your info will be escalated to our P2 R&D to figure out the best solution for you.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused!
Thank you!

It sounds like they're now responding to the issue, without the generic, "Send it in" reply.
Best of luck!​

I have just tried the latest App 1.0.61 and it works fine on my bird.
(thankfully !!)
Not sure though if my phone jumped the 1.0.60 update from the last one.
I also have a Sony tablet Z1 running 1.0.58 and that is also fine on connection.
A bit reluctant to update my tablet until the problem is resolved.
Sounds like an App problem to me, how can the Wi-Fi- extender update itself from the RC Unit
if it is not connected to a PC??
Has the Extender even got a firmware chip in it, there is no software / firmware program
only "The Vision Assistant 3.8"
I am no expert , it's just my opinion.
If you have 1.0.60 installed, I would be inclined to uninstall 1.0.60 and then install 1.0.61
Re-bind and see what happens.
Better still borrow/use a compatible phone and download it on that to see if it works
Beside if you have a "brick" ,you have nothing to loose !!

Last edited:
I use the android app (Dji visión) and recieved an update a few ago.
Now, I fear that the range extender is bricket.

So I had a similar issue with my P2V but I only lose connection at exactly 100ft altitude. And I can always see my WiFi network on my phone , which is also an Android. I see people are saying that they push the reset button, but perhaps it's more than just pushing the button and undergoing the enitre rebinding process as well. Maybe someone can try this and it'll work ?? I'm planning to try it myself later today.

Phantom 2 Vision-Preparing the Range Extender - DJI Wiki

Same here. Calling DJI tomorrow. I completed the update, flew fine, swapped batteries and could not connect.

Over on forum.dji.com, DJI is asking the following.
Dear customers with the same issues, could you please provide us information:
1. Aircraft model
2. Aircraft firmware
3. Mobile device model
4. Mobile device OS version
5. Vision app version
Your info will be escalated to our P2 R&D to figure out the best solution for you.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused!
Thank you!

It sounds like they're now responding to the issue, without the generic, "Send it in" reply.
Best of luck!​
Can you post a link? I'm having trouble finding that thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4