Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Wifi priority...

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by RCF - DRONE, Dec 30, 2014.

1. RCF - DRONE

Anyone have any ideas on how I can make my phantom wifi to have priority over my home wifi.... I have a hundred flights, running ilovecoffees app, a rooted samsung running exposed installer....

its not a huge deal, and most of the time my tab connects directly when in range, but on a few occassions, after losing connection, my tab connected to my home, and when the uav came into range, it stayed connected to my home. 2 of those occassions almost ended very badly... any good apps or modules out there that can help me out???

2. justin00

Yes.. download an app called "wifi prioritizer"... other wise it will just connect to what ever it can, in no specific order as you are aware.

I use the app, works well :)

Btw some versions of android let you set a priority... If you goto settings, then wifi, then options, then advanced. It will say "wifi priorities" if your phone has it.

I've got a Samsung S5 and I don't have the option so had to use the app.

3. MapMaker53

I also use that app. I found that my Phantom wifi would disconnect at relatively short distance when I was practicing on a football field with residential homes just behind me. Seemed my tablet would try to connect to the strongest signal it detected. I no longer have that problem after installing the app.

4. RCF - DRONE

Thank you...both, I dont have the settings in my samsung tab3 7.... just downloaded the app... wish I woulda asked before wasting 4 hours on the playstore... Thank You again...

5. eyecon82

I could never get this app to work. I just temporarily forget my home wifi