Wifi Module--Need Some Electronics Expertise

Reaction score
Put the P2V+ in the freezer now video feeed works

I originally started the above thread which leads to a long thread which was very informative but didn't answer my question.
In a nutshell, I found that my non-working FPV started working again after I put the P2V+ in the freezer for a couple hours. (At least until it warmed up again) I know that sounds a bit harsh but did isolate the problem to the onboard wifi.
My question is whether it's possible to repair the wifi module by re-flowing the solder and what oven temperature would be needed.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, I read thru that thread and appreciate the heat issue which probably caused the problem. I ordered a tube of the Arctic Silver so can do the suggested procedure to the wifi module but first need to get it working at ambient temperature. That is why I'm asking about re-flowing the solder on the board.
Thanks for you interest!

I doubt if any one would have the correct reflow bath temperature and conveyor speed values as that depends on the solder quality used by DJI.

Found this video showing the reflow process using a home oven. At the end of the video there is a link on how to do the same using a heat gun. The narrator shows how to repair an iphone wifi board using these processes. Anyone tried these methods?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl