Wifi issues??

Reaction score
Not sure what is going on. My phantom is 8 months old and has about 20 hrs of flight time. My last flight was in October with no issues. Took it out 2 weeks ago and went through the normal startup procedures connected phantom to the phone yet all I got was a black screen with a spinning wheel. All normal info is displayed, height, speed, satellites, power, etc. I can move the camera up and down via phone and rc. If I try to take a picture it does its normal shutter animation then I get a "network timeout" error.

I have all the current firmware updates for the drone and rc, latest app version, have tried different phones and sd cards all with the same results.

I emailed dji support and got a response telling me to do all the things I already told them I did in the email and I keep waiting on hold when I try to call them.

What is going on? This is so frustrating!

it's probably V2 (non perforated) wifi unit which is a main culprit for V2 Phantom 2 V+ because it is not vented and eventually overheats.
a lot of people having the same issue.
if caught early you could apply thermal paste to help cooling it down but sounds like in your case it is already too late.
i know they are really hard to find for a good price but try and find a V3 (perforated) wifi unit.
if you are going to do that make sure you write down new MAC address from a new wifi unit because when you bind to the range extender you will
need that number or find it with inssider app on your computer or mobile device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues