WiFi Interference - Something I learned today!

Reaction score
I thought I would post my experience today - it might help others.

I went to fly and it was cold. I put my phone in my pocket and had the tablet on the TX. Got to my spot and turned on the TX and the the Phantom..............nothing would connect. The Go app wouldn't connect, WiFi wouldn't connect, nothing. It said I had a week TX signal etc........turn things off and on several times including my tablet. Got back in the car after several attempt very frustrated. Then it hit me. I had the wifi turned on for my phone (I have used my phone to fly a few times). The TX and Phantom were hooking up to my phone in my pocket before hooking up to my tablet.

Shut off my phone wifi and I was back in business. Lesson learned.

Hmmm I am wondering if that happened to me. Just got my Shield K1 and flew on that. As it flew back to me I suddenly had "weak signal" come up. The heli went 'loose' for want of a better term. Flew sideways into a bramble bush. Had to re-connect and re-set the RC etc to get back into normal flight mode. Never thought it could be my phone in my pocket. Will have to ensure that too is in Aircraft Mode. It usually is but will just have to make sure it is.

I don't think the airplane mode is as important as making sure the wifi to your phone is off. I sometime put the wifi on for my phone when I am in the house so I don't use the phone data. If I had shut it off when I went to fly the P3S would have just hooked to my tablet and all would have been fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl