Wifi FPV Distance

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my old Phantom and looking at the standard because my buddy gets a ridiculous employee discount at best buy.

I have a few questions if anyone can help me out.
What is the range for the FPV on the wifi?
Does it keep recording even if the fpv cuts out from going out of its range/ does it reconnect when you get back within range?

My current flight field range is set for a 500' x 500' ft cylinder (height*radius) and I have lost connection with it going fast arround trees or over hills with stock range extender. Re-500)(Only 6 satalites connected)

The range I believe just depends on your position in relation to the phantom with obstacles and other interference.

I also see that the re700 is compatible just tried binding it today and got a 11sat reading with stormy weather. I have yet to test it on its fpv range.

Stock range will vary depending on your RF interference in your area.. Some have seen as little as 800' while others have hit over 6000'.

And to answer your question, the camera will continue to record even if FPV signal is lost..

Reactions: dirkclod
[WIKI]also if connection breaks in vision app you can have it start continuous capture and stop recording. [/WIKI]

I tried the fpv range with a radius of 1000' and 500' height and never lost video.

I do have 1 power line by where I fly but that's it. I flew the whole 1000' perimeter and never lost visiual. I had to go to fpv and the compass for aid in my return.

The default is 5294' for the radius

thanks for the replies guys. Getting the standard on black friday for $599.99 and the samsung galaxy 4 tablet for $109.99... going to be a long 3 days waiting for black friday!!!!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448633051.023009.jpg

I've made it out to 3727ft (1136m) without FPV having any issues. The signal strength indicator showed the signal was strong, but at this point, I had just lost sight of the drone, so I wanted to fly it back into view. Pretty happy with that range. I bought the itelite panel, but have yet to install it. At this point, I wonder if I even need to as I've gone past the advertised range without issue.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448683152.157166.jpg
I live in a medium populated area and at 300-400 meters, i start getting a "weak RC signal" message in the status bar (top center of screen) but my wifi fpv hasent cut out yet. I have gone 500 meters at most behind some trees and the fpv is fine, although latency becomes an increasing issue as i get farther away.

Reactions: RadRich

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj