Wifi extender

Reaction score
Which one to get? Do you have to wire/connect anything together? I know they sit on the TX but does something connect to the fc40 camera?

Hello,
I do not have the FC40, I own a P2V,
But I was told several times the vision, and vision + extenders
DO NOT work with the FC40!
I'm not sure why? My best guess, is the FC40 runs a 2.4GHZ Tx,
And a 5.8GHz wifi, where as the vision, and vision +, run
5.8GHz Tx, and 2.4GHz wifi! Hope this helps!

Many have been using SUNHANS wifi amplifier, in combination
With a good set of antennas to increase range!

Good luck my friend
Take care, Fly safe!

How do they install? Is it just a transmitter that works with your phone/iPad or the fc40 camera?

Nothing physically connects to the FC40 camera. The extender connects to your FC40 camera wirelessly. You set the extender to repeat the FC40 WiFi AP then name your extender's AP similarly to the AP of the FC40 camera (FC40_xxxxx) then you connect your mobile device to that. The TP-Link TL MR3040 is a pocket sized battery powered repeater which can be modded with an external antenna and some are reporting ranges of 1,000ft+ with that configuration.

wattage said:
Nothing physically connects to the FC40 camera. The extender connects to your FC40 camera wirelessly. You set the extender to repeat the FC40 WiFi AP then name your extender's AP similarly to the AP of the FC40 camera (FC40_xxxxx) then you connect your mobile device to that. The TP-Link TL MR3040 is a pocket sized battery powered repeater which can be modded with an external antenna and some are reporting ranges of 1,000ft+ with that configuration.
OK and thanks.

confused afer reserching the wifi extender. do i need a extender as well as repeater or is that one in the same? Im just looking for something external to add some distance.

yes extender or repeater is the same thing

Tho most wifi extenders only go out to about 1000+ feet

But if you can find your self an old used kindle fire you can run your FC40 video app on that and the kindles have such good wifi reception that they have longer range then most extenders can reach. and nice to have the the video on a bigger screen.

J.James said:
yes extender or repeater is the same thing

Tho most wifi extenders only go out to about 1000+ feet

But if you can find your self an old used kindle fire you can run your FC40 video app on that and the kindles have such good wifi reception that they have longer range then most extenders can reach. and nice to have the the video on a bigger screen.

any brand/model # you recomend for the FC40? and where to buy?
thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl