Wifi Extender still showing orange

Reaction score
Just got my 2v+ today and have been charging the WIFI extender for over 2hrs and still showing orange. Anyone know how long it should take for a full charge?

Thanks

thall17 said:
Thanks! Any idea how often you need to charge it?

DJI recommends charging it fully before each use. Meaning charge it fully before each flying session. I have read where some attach an external charging battery to it during flight to keep t fully charged always.

I was thinking the same exact thing, mine has been charging for about 3 hours now. Takes much longer to charge than the phantom batteries, lets home that it lasts longer than them before needed to be charged. I got 3 batteries and hope it will last that long. If not, I'll have to setup one of those poll rigs that I see so many people do that hold the extender plus an extra battery that provides power to it as well as a pair of added antenna's.

I was already planning on doing this but not until I have some free time to put everything together. I was thinking of building some sort of small portable compact base somewhat like a tripod. I then have a 20 foot telescoping flag pole that I got for around $25 at harbor freight on clearance that I could place inside the middle of this tripod base that holds it upright and put the WiFi extender 20 feet up. All of the homes here are single story so this would clear all of the homes and give the phantom line of sight connection for good distance.

thall17 said:
Just got my 2v+ today and have been charging the WIFI extender for over 2hrs and still showing orange. Anyone know how long it should take for a full charge?

Thanks

It will charge quicker from a mains USB charger rather than one from a computer,
I use my Nexus charger, still takes nearly 4 hours, hope this helps

MikesTooLz said:
I got 3 batteries and hope it will last that long. If not, I'll have to setup one of those poll rigs that I see so many people do that hold the extender plus an extra battery that provides power to it.

I got an OTG cable and plugged it right into my note 3 with extended battery.... start with a full charge and it should keep it full the whole time I'm flying... I figure might as well use the power from a device that's already attached to the control rig rather than adding another external power pack charger.

Just to throw this in...it was noted somewhere on this forum that the extenders will lose power even when not turned on (I don't know how, why or if it's true). I just make a habit of plugging it into an extra cell phone charger the night before I plan to fly. That said, when I was flying with 2 batteries in the winter and in bitter cold conditions, I never had a time when the extender would change from green to orange (low battery) while operating it. however, anytime I plug it in to the charger, even if I haven't used it, it will always give an orange light for a period of time before it turns green. And don't watch for it to turn green while you're waiting--it makes it take longer!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers