Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

WiFi extender question.

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Mhall264, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Mhall264

Which connector inside the wifi extender on the pc board is which? Is one TX and one RX? I am kind of unclear and new to the world of antennas and RF. I have a P2V and I recently purchased the Stage 2 Kit from FPVLR but I am not seeing the video range increase I was hoping for. I have a half sphere antenna and a pinwheel antenna that go to the wifi extender but I am not sure which antenna should plug into which port. The wifi extender in the tutorial on the website is a bit different form factor so I just want to be sure which port is which.

Also if anyone else has used this kit from FPVLR was it a good purchase? I see videos of people using 5dbi omni antennas instead and it looks alot cleaner and is far cheaper so I am just wondering if I paid too much for something that is not as effective or if I may be just hooking it up wrong. Thanks for any advice.

2. Mhall264

Ok so I hooked up the halfsphere to the top terminal (wit terminals on your right) and the pinwheel to the top one and I acheived 1800 ft at 350ft altitude and that was with trees and buildings nearby. So it is definitely working now, FPVLR has great support as well!