wifi extender amplifiers

Just ordered these after Bens great video , I think they should be okay, the amp is a sunhans

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 826
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 852
Hello,
I found a guy who built this:
( over 4,000 feet range ) my stock P2V is 514 feet for FPV.

Here is a parts list and pictures:

I'm into a new project now, a range extender mod with 2 antennas and a wifi booster, will have its own power pack, ect. Will cost around $500. Sits on a large tripod ( outdoor RV portable antenna pole/stand ( approx 7' tall ) I'm using
1) 2x tp-link ( tl-ant2414b ) antennas ( $60 each ) appox price
2) DJI wifi range extender ( spare so I don't mess mine up ( lol ) ( $40 - $60 )
3) sunmans ( sh24gi1000-d2 ) wifi 2.4ghz amplifier / booster ( dual antenna ) ( $100 )
4) 2x UF.l mini PCI to RP-SMA pigtail cables. ( $8 ) both
5) USB multi port power bank ( 20,000 mah ) 12-19v ( $100-150 )
6) RV portable antenna pole. ( $40 )
7) misc. mounts, hardware, cable ties, ect. ( for mounting everything to pole )
( range of more than 4,000 feet ( I only get 514 ft stock ) then I loose FPV
( I want to fly above the clouds on a really cloudy day, for some sweet footage.
Picture:
C17B3043-5C45-48B6-B926-51147890428C_zpsscyckc6b.png

And I want to upgrade controller with this antenna:
Picture:
7F920637-871D-4C0A-92B2-E9ECF0F07D6D_zpsqebxbrpu.png

This is one of the best setups I've seen, not too expensive, but excellent range! Not sure what kind of range I will get on trams with new antenna? But will post updates when I figure it out!

Jerry D.
USA
( J Dot )

J Dot said:
Hello,
I found a guy who built this:

I'm into a new project now, a range extender mod with 2 antennas and a wifi booster, will have its own power pack, ect. Will cost around $500. Sits on a large tripod ( outdoor RV portable antenna pole/stand ( approx 7' tall ) I'm using
2) DJI wifi range extender ( spare so I don't mess mine up ( lol ) ( $40 - $60 )
3) sunmans ( sh24gi1000-d2 ) wifi 2.4ghz amplifier / booster ( dual antenna ) ( $100 )
( I want to fly above the clouds on a really cloudy day, for some sweet footage.
Picture:
C17B3043-5C45-48B6-B926-51147890428C_zpsscyckc6b.png

And I want to upgrade controller with this antenna:
Picture:
7F920637-871D-4C0A-92B2-E9ECF0F07D6D_zpsqebxbrpu.png

This is one of the best setups I've seen, not too expensive, but excellent range! Not sure what kind of range I will get on trams with new antenna? But will post updates when I figure it out!

Jerry D.
USA
( J Dot )

He's using the mimo Sunhans amp which I think adds 1watt per port. He's going over 1km range with it and no mods on his Phantom.

FlyingFox said:
Just ordered these after Bens great video , I think they should be okay, the amp is a sunhans

Thanks glad you enjoyed my bid. That looks like the 2watt Sunhans amp I got from amazon, tho it doesn't have the Sunhans label. I'm sure its fine tho you'll be loving your range increase.

BenDronePilot said:
FlyingFox said:

Thanks glad you enjoyed my bid. That looks like the 2watt Sunhans amp I got from amazon, tho it doesn't have the Sunhans label. I'm sure its fine tho you'll be loving your range increase.

I'll give it a go, I'm sure it will work okay.... :D

J Dot said:

Jerry D.
USA
( J Dot )

You can get 4000 feet with less outlay. And that setup would immediately work better with LHCP antennas rather then the tp link linear polarisation ones. A pair of FPVLR domes, or Lcom LHCP panels would give you a much better result.

Should make it to 10,000 ft with this compact set up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 822
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 861
Very nice setup, please let me know how it fairs in your test flights?
Also HOW are you powering your 2.4ghz amp/booster?
Everything looks good, I love the mini holder, pretty sweet,
Please let me know, I'd much rather build your idea than that huge bulky setup
I was thinking about building, and I'm sure ( MUCH CHEAPER as we'll )

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

tizzl10 said:
mr_3_0_5 said:
Should make it to 10,000 ft with this compact set up

hold up..where is your power for the amp?

The sunhans amp he has pictured uses a 12v power source which you can use a lipo 3s battery for. I also suggest a Ravpower 15000 max battery which has 2 USB ports and a switchable 9v 12v port and a DC adapter that will fit the amp. Search newegg you will get a good price on it.

Also no way is he going to see a 10,000 foot range with the stock controller antenna. The antenna would need to be replaced with a patch antenna and that will do it.

I have the patch antenna also, Im not really going for distance but more power through trees

Installed a 4watt amp and a 14db TP-Link Tl-Ant2414A antenna. No increase in FPV range. Clear line of site but FPV ends at 1200' or less. Any ideas?

paulgrenga said:
Installed a 4watt amp and a 14db TP-Link Tl-Ant2414A antenna. No increase in FPV range. Clear line of site but FPV ends at 1200' or less. Any ideas?

One of your plug ins must be missing the pin inside so that you are not getting connection
With just that patch antenna you should get 3000ft so my guess is your pigtail is no good or you got a connection wrong

Ok well the battery came in but it's not going to be plug n play I had to cut the connector off the amp power cord and solder it to the battery in order for it to work anyway quick easy job and now it's working
My next problem is I sold my pv2 so I won't be able to post any test results for you guys
Next tests will be on pv2+

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 479
paulgrenga said:

To be honest that's way too much power I'd actually reccomend going for the 2w or 2.5 watt amps that everyone's been having much success with improving range. The 2w amp made for a big improvement for my setup when I tested it out vs no amplification.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl