wifi extender amplifiers

Reaction score
If you have done a wifi extender amplifier mod, please post and discuss here. I would like to see your setups and ranges achieved by amps.

tizzl10 said:
If you have done a wifi extender amplifier mod, please post and discuss here. I would like to see your setups and ranges achieved by amps.

I used a 2watt sunhans amp, works great and adds no less than 50℅ improvement in range maybe as much as double. I have not tested it to its full potential yet.

BenDronePilot said:
tizzl10 said:

I used a 2watt sunhans amp, works great and adds no less than 50℅ improvement in range maybe as much as double. I have not tested it to its full potential yet.

hey thanks for your reply, ben..ive watched your videos on youtube.. hey can you do a video on your amplifier setup?

tizzl10 said:
BenDronePilot said:
tizzl10 said:

hey thanks for your reply, ben..ive watched your videos on youtube.. hey can you do a video on your amplifier setup?

★★★Yes Please do that★★★
Moose

Just take the pigtail out of the extender
Put an attenuator on it and into the amp
The other side connects to antenna
And you have to power the amp with external battery

mr_3_0_5 said:
Just take the pigtail out of the extender
Put an attenuator on it and into the amp
The other side connects to antenna
And you have to power the amp with external battery

have you done this? care to post a picture of your setup?

Just ordered a 4watt amp and a 14db TP-Link Tl-Ant2414A antenna. Will let you know as soon as the parts arrive.

Not yet will post some pics in a couple days when I get it all in the mail
Unless my friend buys my pv2 today

mr_3_0_5 said:

how do you plan on mounting and what battery are you planning on using?

mr_3_0_5 said:
tizzl10 said:
mr_3_0_5 said:

how do you plan on mounting and what battery are you planning on using?

Using the locking Velcro
This amp
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190901052236?ss ... 1439.l2649
This attenuator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330894730691?ss ... 1439.l2649
This battery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300971772129?ss ... 1439.l2649

ok, whats the reason behind the coaxial attentuator? is it so you dont overpower your antennas?

]Not yet will post some pics in a couple days when I get it all in the mail
Unless my friend buys my pv2 today[/quote]

how do you plan on mounting and what battery are you planning on using?[/quote]

Using the locking Velcro
This amp
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190901052236?ss ... 1439.l2649
This attenuator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330894730691?ss ... 1439.l2649
This battery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300971772129?ss ... 1439.l2649[/quote]

ok, whats the reason behind the coaxial attentuator? is it so you dont overpower your antennas?[/quote]

Ok most the amps are 20 dbm input or lower the one I posted a link of actually says it has a chip upgrade to accept 26 dbm input
Meaning the input power to the amp
So with that amp you technically wouldn't need the attenuator
The output power of our extenders is around 21 dbm. so it's over the max input of "most" amps on the market
The attenuator just lowers the input power by 6 dbm to make it safer for your amp
I know someone on here is running one without the attenuator

Ok most the amps are 20 dbm input or lower the one I posted a link of actually says it has a chip upgrade to accept 26 dbm input
The output power of our extenders is around 21 dbm. so it's over the max input of "most" amps on the market
The attenuator just lowers the input power by 6 dbm to make it safer for your amp
I know someone on here is running one without the attenuator[/quote]

ok, what types of ranges do you expect to see with your setup?

tizzl10 said:

ok, what types of ranges do you expect to see with your setup?[/quote]

Under normal conditions
4 times the power = doubles your distance
I got a 2w amp
The stock output is around 126mw
So 15 times stock power
Should over triple my range
But distances vary depending on antenna types and location power levels out of the pv2 all kinds of stuff
To add I'm not really trying to beat a distance record I just want to be able to fly through some more trees as I live in the woods

mr_3_0_5 said:
tizzl10 said:

ok, what types of ranges do you expect to see with your setup?

Under normal conditions
4 times the power = doubles your distance
I got a 2w amp
The stock output is around 126mw
So 15 times stock power
Should over triple my range
But distances vary depending on antenna types and location power levels out of the pv2 all kinds of stuff
To add I'm not really trying to beat a distance record I just want to be able to fly through some more trees as I live in the woods[/quote]

cool..thinking about adding this to my fpvlr helix disk

tizzl10 said:
BenDronePilot said:
tizzl10 said:

Here's the video showing how to make the connections of a Sunhans amp to you modified P2V range extender
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUW6pg5zwc

I have to say it works really really well. Adds no less than 50% range if not double the range as opposed to without it. With the Sunhans powered off of a USB 2amp power source I did a quick test flight this evening at around 850 feet high and over 2,000 feet away with the 640x480 30fps preview option in the new DJI application, though my vision is on the 2.0 firmware. The wifi feed was always at full signal. The video feed was flawless, it didn't cut out once and the meter always showed full signal. I flew from my back yard which had about as much wifi interference as you can get yet had these great results.

I was using a Circular Wireless 11dbi RHCP Helical, and 2 circular wireless 2.3dbi RHCP Skew Planer antennas on my Phantom.

hey thanks for your reply, ben..ive watched your videos on youtube.. hey can you do a video on your amplifier setup?[/quote]

Here's the video showing how to make the connections of a Sunhans amp to you modified P2V range extender
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUW6pg5zwc

I have to say it works really really well. Adds no less than 50% range if not double the range as opposed to without it. With the Sunhans powered off of a USB 2amp power source I did a quick test flight this evening at around 850 feet high and over 2,000 feet away with the 640x480 30fps preview option in the new amp, though my vision is on the 2.0 firmware. The wifi feed was always at full signal. The video feed was flawless, it didn't cut out once and the meter always showed full signal. I flew from my back yard which had about as much wifi interference as you can get yet had these great results.

I was using a Circular Wireless 11dbi RHCP Helical, and 2 circular wireless 2.3gbi RHCP Skew Planer antennas on my Phantom.[/quote]

thanks for posting the video, ben. much help!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl