WiFi Data (OutDoors)

Reaction score
I Have a Phantom 3 Advanced... I dont have Cellular Data on my Mobile Phone, or My Ipad Air.

I want to get a WiFi Mobile Broadband Hub, Which uses pay As you Go Sim Cards For 4G WiFi, But I am unsure of How much Data I would need to fly the Drone.

Does anyone have any Suggestions on what would be suitable?

How does none sound? After your initial registration with DJI, you really don't need data access to fly. If you want to have maps when you are in the field, turn on your app ( either Go or Litchi) somewhere that you can access wifi. I usually do it at home as I am getting stuff ready to go. I've even stopped in McDonalds, grabbed a cup of coffee and used their wifi to download and cache maps. Tha app will load a map and if you scan to the area where you plan to fly and zoom in so that you have enough detail, you can close the app and when you open the app in t he field it will load the map from the cache on your tablet. Works great. The only time you would need wifi or a data link would be if you wanted to realtime load up to YouTube, or to load logs to healthy drones.

but i would need a wifi connection....So i would need a wifi hotspot to fly the drone right? How does the drone send FP video if there is no Wifi?

but i would need a wifi connection....So i would need a wifi hotspot to fly the drone right? How does the drone send FP video if there is no Wifi?

All the video and flight info is sent via the Lightbridge link between the quad and the RC. It is selfe conrained

wifi is NOT needed at all except as noted to store the map info prior or during flight.

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: Kassponia
All the video and flight info is sent via the Lightbridge link between the quad and the RC. It is selfe conrained

wifi is NOT needed at all except as noted to store the map info prior or during flight.

good luck and have fun flying!
Absolutely correct. Once registered, the Phantom is self contained (except for needing GPS satellites), and can be flown with no other outside inputs or apps. Although the apps do really help keep track of a number of very important stats.

Reactions: Kassponia

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj