WiFi constantly dropping out

Reaction score
Seems like 50% of the time, once I get over 300' away (up or out), I lose the wifi signal.

I've tried different positions of the RE, but nothing seems to work. I still can control the bird, but I'm flying blind until I start bringing her back and re-acquire the signal.

Seems I should be getting more range than a measly 300'. Tonight, while flying, I lost the signal at 166 out.

I am also having the same problem. I was suspect of my iphone being the problem but I have seen a few posts that make me think that maybe its the wifi extender. I have not flown it out away from all houses and electronics to see if it gets better but I also notice on youtube that people are always flying them in the same type of area's that I am but they don't seem to be having the same wifi dropouts that I do. frustrating

I had the same problem until today. I tried to put my Android Note III in airplane mode and it never lost connection with wifi. SO far, this is my fix!

I'm in airplane mode with v+ booster app and I'm still getting pixelated video and or frozen screens for a sec or two...annoying! Moto X BTW...any suggestions?

I also just now took apart the gimble off of the supporters so I could get a better hands on the 3 connectors. I took them off and blew air inside and then reassembled. I did a video test in the house ( Last time the video was horrible ) This time it was flawless. Now off to test in the air. I will report back

Well, after 6 flights in Airplane Mode, 3 of 'em had the wireless lost at 400'.

So I'm still open to ideas.

D_Tshudy said:
Jeffin916 said:
I just upgraded everything with the new firmware that just came out so I am going to go test and see what happens

Did the new firmware fix this?

No.

sadly, no. The only thing it fixed for me was the J hook, it doesn't do it anymore. But as far as quality on FPV, I can't use 640, its still choppy and it's no change. This really irritates me. I used another phone and it did the same exact thing as well.

I use an Android device and there is an advanced menu in the wifi setup. I forgot the exact wording, but you basically want to turn off "search for networks". When I made this change I no longer had trouble staying connected to the Phantom.

dannytroy said:
I use an Android device and there is an advanced menu in the wifi setup. I forgot the exact wording, but you basically want to turn off "search for networks". When I made this change I no longer had trouble staying connected to the Phantom.

Can you tell me what you do have checked? I just made changes and everything is off, only thing that is on is "Always" with Keep wifi on during sleep....other than that, everything is NOT checked in advanced.

Thanks

Jeffin916 said:
dannytroy said:

Can you tell me what you do have checked? I just made changes and everything is off, only thing that is on is "Always" with Keep wifi on during sleep....other than that, everything is NOT checked in advanced.

Thanks

I'm using the Epson Moverio glasses, which is Android based. I just checked and in the wifi settings page, go to advanced settings (on my screen it's a menu accessed by clicking on a link on the upper right of screen) and uncheck "Network notification". I also added a 9db antenna, so that helped also.

dannytroy said:
Jeffin916 said:
dannytroy said:

Thanks

I'm using the Epson Moverio glasses, which is Android based. I just checked and in the wifi settings page, go to advanced settings (on my screen it's a menu accessed by clicking on a link on the upper right of screen) and uncheck "Network notification". I also added a 9db antenna, so that helped also.

I really want to do the FPVLR antennas, I am sure that will help a lot, still just sucks that we have to go through this. Thank you for your help, that was already unchecked.

PhilAnderson said:
I do not know if this will help or not, but it helped me. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, AT&T for carrier. I turned off AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app and now have not had any loss of FPV since.

Thank you for that. I don't use it but will uninstall it and try, thank you. I'll report back

You might want to try the booster app, if you don't already have it. I found it definitely gives me increased range. There is a pro version also, with added features, but the basic app will work if you only want wifi boosting.

am happy yet still highly frustrated. Good news, no more J hook for me on my P2V+, flies straight now! Bad news, I still cannot get FPV in 640 on my Android Note 3. Its choppy and it freezes. 320 works but quality is horrible!

Just wondering if this is still an issue, as its one reason I returned my original PV. Looking at possibly purchasing the PV+ but what's the point if wifi is constantly in and out and I can't see the video on my phone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj