Wifi connection problem.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new to this forum but I have had my phantom 2 vision for about 6 months now. I just recieved my rotorpixel gimbal today, installed it and also updated the firmware to 3.04. But now I cannot find the wifi connection on either my phone or tablet. It was working fine yesterday before I did those 2 bits to it. I have tried rebinding the camera to the extender and to the phone but still nothing. I can find the wifi connection while rebinding but once its completed and the extender restarts it wont detect it again. Anyone else had a problem like this?

Although it's obvious it's always worth checking the slider switch on the back of the camera is all the way over to the right and that the camera is getting power (green light, you can hear the internal fan). I know it's obvious but I've been there, done that!

Have you got the latest camera firmware uploaded? In the release notes for the latest firmware/app version is says it's necessary to have the camera firmware up to date. If you've had the aircraft since before the end of February or so and haven't updated to 1.1.9 on the camera then that might be the issue?

After that, try unplugging the gimbal and plug the camera back in direct to the aircraft jack plug (naturally always do any plugging/unplugging with the aircraft unpowered) and see if that cures it. If it does then you may have a hardware issue (perhaps a defective cable from gimbal to camera). If not then try completely uninstalling the Vision app and reinstalling (reboot your phone between each step) to make sure it's not an app issue. If the problem persists then roll back the firmware to the previous version and see if that's the problem.

Yeh the switch is all the way to wifi on. And i did try plugging directly back into the camera rather than through the gimbal as well. I did update the camera firmware awhile back and as far as i know they havent had another update for the camera yet. I dont think it is a defective cable from the gimbal to the camera as everything on the camera turns on (fan and led's etc). How exactly do i take it back to the previous version of the firmware? Ive been trying to find out how to do it.

Well i have installed the Assistant 2.0 but its not showing up anything as far as doing it automatically. Just tells me main controller firmware mismatch. And i cant access anything else.

Update your camera firmware to 1.19 if its not already done. The App on your phone will give you this info

It doesnt sound as though you are "LIVE" in the assistant software... Can you calibrate your control sticks? If not, you are not LIVE.

.... Go into windows programs and features, uninstall DJI windows drivers, then reinstall windows drivers from the DJI Website.
(assuming you're on a PC)

Good luck,

The Rookie

I can calibrate the sticks in the assistant 3.0 software, but cant seem to downgrade with the assistant 2.0 software.

GTiR1080 said:
I can calibrate the sticks in the assistant 3.0 software, but cant seem to downgrade with the assistant 2.0 software.

Download DJI revision 1.08 and Android (if your an android user) to 1.0.38
Here:http://droneslinger.com/software.html

Once the file is on your desktop click to execute the file. Restart your Vision Assistant and it should be updated to that revision.
Do not follow prompt to update from the DJI Website. Just cancel the prompt.

most people cant seem to get back to vershion 2 because it wont let you up date any thing in it as if the files its got to down load from DJI must not be on there server any more. So it seems as if you now can only go to version 1.08 or version 3.0

I have tried all the versions and the only one that you can downgrade to is 1.08 on the PC can't get to work on the mac ?
But it's the camera firmware that's needs downgraded too but I can't seem to do this or have a older version of it.
I am on 1.08 now when it does connect to the camera it will sometimes display screen and be stuck on last image with a spinning wheel I will have to restart averything and reboot the iPhone to get it to work.
And in flight if it does it I have to fly back bind with home lock as it will not reconnect till i land and restart all again.
This whole setup and dji firmware is a is crap I wish dji would sort out there software

Well so far all the things i have tried have not worked. So i am now out of idea's. Only thing i can think of is that something has somehow got damaged during the firmware update.

I have exactly the same problem, the new update made it worse. My wifi will not get address now.

have you tried rebinding manually? enter your camera mac address into the binding tab using the little arrow pointing right. this will find the ssid automatically and allow you to bind without using the qr code. this is a workaround if you dont have the qr code anymore. i found the mac address using a wireless sniffer like inssider office (free trial)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl