wifi connection keeps breaking every couple seconds.

Reaction score
hello guys.

been flying my PV2 with RE700 for 2 weeks now flawlessly. haven't changed or upgraded anything but today when i was flying i noticed it would get disconnected from the wifi (phantom connection broken). i thought maybe the range was getting bad so i landed it and was just trying to upload pics from the camera when it was sitting 3 feet away from me and still the connection kept breaking every few moments sometimes every 10 seconds.. now even when I'm sitting at home trying to connect it only work briefly then keeps cutting out saying (phantom connection broken). i tried rebinding it but still the same results. I have the RE500 that I'm going to try to see if it works in order to rule out a faulty RE700. for now I'm stuck clueless don't know what to do, please help!

thanks in advance

Assuming that isn't the culprit, it sounds like an intermittent connection. This sounds most likely to be the power to your video transmitter. If none of them and you have a video receiver monitor combination, then perhaps an internal connection.

If it still isn't working, it would be helpful to invest in a Field Strength Meter. They are inexpensive and I would buy it from Amazon. If it lists a frequency range, make sure yours are in that range. However, if they haven't changed the internal design, it should pick up most frequencies. This will tell you if your video transmitter is transmitting. Be sure to power down both your phantom and transmitter.

Depending on how you wired it, you might just need to put it on the bench and jumper power to it. You don't want anything else transmitting. I hope this helps. :)

ok i updated the app and now it seems to work okay. only problem now is that the app keeps crashing and i have to keep opening it again mid flight. wifi connection still good. it crashed like 5 times during one flight. is anyone else having this problem?

ill update the phantom is see if that helps

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic