Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

WiFi connection dropping - Signal Lost

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by jay9nine, Sep 21, 2014.

1. jay9nine

So here's my problem.
    I bought a Vision 2 Plus and it worked amazing. I was using an iPhone 5 with iOS7.
    Just yesterday I bought an iPhone 6 (with iOS8) and now I'm unable to fly the phantom 60-75% of the time.

I'll initially connect and everything appears normal, but then 70% of the time, once I take off my phone will disconnect from the phantom within 10 seconds, and I lose all video control.

As I'm typing this, I have it turned on at home simply so I can try and transfer 13 photos across to my phone. It transfers 3 of them and then I receive the "Connect to Phantom" error, as the wifi has dropped.

Any help? Is this an issue on my end? Do I have a faulty unit?

2. 4wd

4wd

Is it switching by default to your preferred home wifi network?

3. jay9nine

Nope. I'm 40km away from the nearest WiFi (out in the bush). I've also tried with my phone on airplane mode and that doesn't help.

4. jay9nine

5. jay9nine

DJI are unable to help "Because [they] are in China and the iPhone 6 is not released yet".
    Please for the love of god someone help me with this issue. I don't want to have to force the place I bought it from to give me a refund for selling me defective goods...