WiFi Connection Continually Drops & Reconnects

Ok back again, I really hope I've figured out my problem and it is not as serious as the wifi in the camera failing. I found out the area I was flying at when I had the first connection issues was littered with 2.4 and 5.8 wifi for mining operations (they use both bands for connection various fleet management GPS tracking systems). I was pretty close to a wifi repeater trailer so I'm fairly sure (and very hopeful) that this was the cause of my connection issue.
Will continue to keep an eye on it I guess. I've past the 30 day warranty mentioned in a previous post unfortunately so I guess I have no other choice.

I just got my phantom 2 vision yesterday. I having the same connection error that other people are having. I think the problem is a compatibility issue with the samsung galaxy 3. My g3 connects easily but won't stay connected. The connection doesn't last long enough to even download load a single picture. I've connected to the repeater with the camera powered off and it stays connected for about 30-45 seconds. When I connect to the repeater with the camera powered on it stays connected for about the same amount of time. I'm assuming the problem is not with the camera. That's a good thing!. Wanting to make sure it wasn't my phone, I did a factory reset on it. I think 4.3 android system on the g3 have had wi-fi issues from what I have read on the internet.
The factory reset didn't change a thing. I then took it over to a friends house and used his g3 with the same result. At this point I'm really pissed off. I'm ready to box this thing up and sent it back or fly it into the ground!
One last thing that I wanted to try was my daughters galaxy s4. I installed the app on it and holy crap it works! I was able to d.l. all the pictures and video off of the camera with no problem. I was able to actually able to fly it FPV....pretty cool. It did lose connection once, it was out of range, but as soon as it got back in range the repeater re-connected to the camera and everything was fine. I think the biggest issue is with the galaxy 3 and that this needs to be investigated and fixed via and app update or a firmware update. I don't know of anything that anyone can do to fix this other than that app of firmware update

I noticed that while I get good range with my 5s, when the wifi connection drops (out of range), the wifi connection doesn't pick back up/reconnect until I reboot everything including the Phantom once it lands. I've tried closing/reopening the app, and while a reconnect seems to occur, I get no video until I do a full reboot of the phantom. Is this expected behavior, or is the app supposed to resume full functionality automatically once the phantom flies back into range?

phantomguy said:
I noticed that while I get good range with my 5s, when the wifi connection drops (out of range), the wifi connection doesn't pick back up/reconnect until I reboot everything including the Phantom once it lands. I've tried closing/reopening the app, and while a reconnect seems to occur, I get no video until I do a full reboot of the phantom. Is this expected behavior, or is the app supposed to resume full functionality automatically once the phantom flies back into range?

make sure you close the app completely, not just pressing the home button...it is still running in the background if you do that.

I double tap the home button, then swipe up and off the screen the DJI app. I assume that fully closes it? If so, that's what I've done, then re-open. It reconnects and shows me altitude, speed, etc. but the actual camera view is blank. Until I land and reboot the phantom. But sounds like you are saying I should not have to do any of that? The Phantom is supposed to automatically reconnect when it gets back in range?

phantomguy said:
I double tap the home button, then swipe up and off the screen the DJI app. I assume that fully closes it? If so, that's what I've done, then re-open. It reconnects and shows me altitude, speed, etc. but the actual camera view is blank. Until I land and reboot the phantom. But sounds like you are saying I should not have to do any of that? The Phantom is supposed to automatically reconnect when it gets back in range?

yes, you are doing it correctly..not sure why its not reconnecting with video. I no longer use an iphone for FPV and whenever my video feed drops, I just close it and relaunch the app. I will soon be doing an antenna upgrade because my range on the stock extender is terrible.

I wasted a while month going back and forth trying to get my P2V fixed and all they did was wipe it clean and reload all the data. Point is when you spend $1,200 on a P2V it should last longer than a month or two before you have serious malfunctions or even a total failure and it drops out of the sky. The bugs and repairs are going to be the downfall if DJI does not get them corrected. IMO

QJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic