WiFi / Cellular

Reaction score
Well upon previous comments and discussions I'm getting my P4Pro and not the Plus model. Which is has now forced me to get a tablet. It was suggested to go with a Shield K1 but if I'm gonna do it might as we get iOS . Looking at the Mini 4. Question is does it HAVE to be activated on Verizon network with a data plan etc... Or will the GPS functions and options work with with just being the cellular model ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well upon previous comments and discussions I'm getting my P4Pro and not the Plus model. Which is has now forced me to get a tablet. It was suggested to go with a Shield K1 but if I'm gonna do it might as we get iOS . Looking at the Mini 4. Question is does it HAVE to be activated on Verizon network with a data plan etc... Or will the GPS functions and options work with with just being the cellular model ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app
You don't need the data plan but you'll have to tether to a phone if you need streaming maps.

Looking at the Mini 4. Question is does it HAVE to be activated on Verizon network with a data plan etc... Or will the GPS functions and options work with with just being the cellular model ?
There is no need for cellular data at all to fly your Phantom.
Apple just confuse people because they don't put the GPS hardware in their non-cellular iPads.
btw .. the Phantom has its own GPS unit that it uses for all flight operations.
You only require a GPS enabled phone or tablet to use Follow-me flight or to reset your home point to the current location of the controller (used if you were flying from a moving car or boat etc)

There is no need for cellular data at all to fly your Phantom.
Apple just confuse people because they don't put the GPS hardware in their non-cellular iPads.
btw .. the Phantom has its own GPS unit that it uses for all flight operations.
You only require a GPS enabled phone or tablet to use Follow-me flight or to reset your home point to the current location of the controller (used if you were flying from a moving car or boat etc)
You always leave off the most important one.

Or if there is a glitch and you lose your homepoint (which has and does happen) and also if you want to change the HP to the bird and back again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik