WiFi Boosters - Downside

Reaction score
I’ve been reading up on using a WiFi booster app and have a question… what is the downside to using one?

I have an open source router in my home that allows me to increase the output power. The trade-off is that it generates more heat. So the max settings are not recommended. Why would this not be true of the DJI transmitters as well? I've read a few posts claiming that it does not generate more heat. I’d think if there were no issues with increased power that DJI would have simply made them this way from the factory.

I'm no quad science guy but I think there is some sort of correlation with output power and degradation of the wifi units.
I ran a booster on my previous wifi module for 6 months and it died. What I could not prove was whether it was the crappy insulation white goop that DJI was using or if it was the boosting app I was using. On a side note, I could never run 640*480@30fps from day one.

With the replacement wifi module, I could run 640*480@30fps with a 20-50m range.
I ended up doing the artic silver mod as a preventative measure. I now only run the booster if I need to get range. You can activate it mid flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20