WiFi adapter really sketchy

Reaction score
I haven't had this wifi adapter long.It was previously modified by its owner with a stick antenna coming out the side. I charge it up and most times its nearly dead when I take it out if the case. I noticed today the on/off switch doesn't work very well. Comes on with just the touch towards the on position and I had to flick it on and off to get it off and put pressure to the off side to get it to stay off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would not buy a used extender that's been modified. The transmitter could be badly damaged or even slightly damaged and you'd never know it until after the sale.

That switch is a slide switch that fits between a fork the slid switch. Most likely caught wrong on reassembly. Take out the four screws and use your finger nails or a butter knife to unlock the sides and you can reseat that switch. While you've got it open make sure the old antenna cable is not flopping around shorting it out. The switch may be keeping it on so it discharges. Fix the switch and see if the problems go away.

I would not buy a used extender that's been modified. The transmitter could be badly damaged or even slightly damaged and you'd never know it until after the sale.
It came with a used quad I bought

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik