Wierd day flying

Reaction score
Well I had my first fly away episode today. After checking on how many sats my phantom had spotted (11) and checking to see if the telemetry seemed ok I sent the bird up. Soon after take off it took a dive at full speed on about a 45degree trajectory towards the rocky hillside. Expecting a horrific crash I was pleased that it headed skyward on a tangent I had not instructed it to but at least away from the ground. Thinking I had seen the last of it I finally turned off the remote and thankfully the "returning to home" message appeared in my iphone. Whew. Having not had enough excitement I went to another area and took off yet again, this time if flew as it should but all of a sudden the FPV locked up and I could not get it working again until I returned to the ground and rebooted the app. After that it worked flawlessly. As far as the fly away I had gone to an area maybe 40 miles from my usual haunts and at maybe 600 or so feet higher in elevation without doing a compass recalibration, could this possibly have caused the issue? Also I took off fairly soon after having arrived at the launch point but it did like I say have a lock on 11 sats. Thoughts anyone?

As an addendum I just realized that I did not even look to see if I had the slowly flashing green lights before I took off, what an idiot. Could the bird have a lock on 11 sats and still not have the green lights?

I lost contact with my Phantom today as well, flew out of range.... only a frozen iPhone display saying connection broken.... I was high and far out filming an MX track..... for 3 minutes I had nothing, I thought I'd lost it...My heart was racing, my hands and knees were shaking.....I was devastated...
Then it came home....yippeeeeeeee.....so grateful for the come home function

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20