Wide landing gear

You can't scare me :)

That is the easiest way to install the new lens using lens mount combination. I didn't do that when I changed lenses on the GP 3+ blk but having the lens mount/5.4mm lens made for a quicker assembly when I did hero4 blk.

With the 5.4mm lens, what resolutions (1080/2k/4k) and frame widths (N/M/W/SW) work best?

With the 5.4mm lens, what resolutions (1080/2k/4k) and frame widths (N/M/W/SW) work best?

You still get the same (W/M/N) as you would with stock GP lens depending on which format your using. Forget the 4K on the 3+ blk because at 15fps it's not that great I use the 2K with that camera and convert it to 1080p and the footage higher quality then Standard HD.

I have an extra compass and cable that I'm happy to donate if the OP sends me a PM. I upgraded mine to the molded in version because it looks cleaner.

How do I un mold the compass?
Its quite easy, carefully prise off the top lid and the compass will pop out. The compass fits in the lid quite snugly so use the lid to mount the compass on the wider leg, note the back of the compass goes against the leg with the lid on the outside. Tape that assembly to the same leg, same position orientation, you will have to snip the internal zip tie to pull thru a little more cable to allow you to position the compass on the leg in a vertical position away from the curve of the leg. Secure the compass assembly to the leg using pvc insulation tape and for added security use a single small zip tie. I've done this and the compass performs perfectly just make sure you use the same leg and direction the compass faces. Be careful prising off the lid, if you ease it off carefully it will get to a point where it pops off. The compass box is part of the original leg so you cant use it. You'll obviously have to split the Phantom case to get to the zip tie to allow more cable to be pulled thru. There's usually enough extra cable, then re-zip tie the cables afterwards.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to go that right now!
As an option I thought you might like to see a picture of my (just completed) P2 V2 wide landing gear mod. I had to saw off the complete enclosed compass and moulded plastic from the old landing gear and make a small plastic shape with a file to fit the curved section of the new landing gear so it remained vertical to the Phantom body. I secured it with white tape and its solid and works fine, no removing the Phantom case case or snipping the compass cable tie.
20160105_130327.jpg

Closer View...
20160105_130508.jpg

Attachments

• 20160105_130343.jpg
    20160105_130343.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 301

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads