Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Wi-Fi connectivity

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Skip, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Skip

Greetings Pilots,
    I was having issues with my Phantom 3 standard staying connected to Wi-Fi. Every thirty seconds or so, I would have to reconnect, which became a super pain when capturing surfing videos. I ordered new Wi-Fi extender antennas thinking this was the problem. This increased my range, but still had the same issues. I was using an HTC One and a Samsung tablet as the monitor. Same problems. Since connecting my new phone (HTC 10) I have had no loss of video feed. I'm so stoked. I had thought of selling it, I was so unhappy with the performance. Hopefully this info may help someone out there having the same issues.

Jimmy1952 likes this.
  2. WilliamM

Sound like you're talking about the wifi from the RC to your device, correct? Not the wifi from the RC to drone. If true a new antenna wouldn't do anything to fix that. If it is the device were talking about, then make sure your device isn't just trying to connect to a different wifi. Being the RC wifi doesn't have internet, and sometimes depending on the settings of the device it tries to find a wifi with internet.

3. Skip

I had gone through a bunch of threads trying to figure out the problem. After all the steps I took through recomendations, nothing really improved except range from the range extender. But with the new phone, issue is resolved

4. Jimmy1952

I know when I was hooking up my 4K for the first time , had to go back and forth from my home wifi to my remote wifi to update firmware. It worked. Switched back and fourth at least 3 times on my Nexus 7 2nd edition. This is a great little tablet , can't promise one could do this with another device.