Why would you fly ATTI?

Reaction score
Besides waypointa and all that, why would you switch to Atti mode?

It's faster than GPS mode for one thing. You can also use it to your advantage in some situations. i.e. Flip to ATTI mode & your aircraft will float with the breeze. You can pan/tilt the camera while the wind carries her past a focus point. A good idea to practice with it also in case you ever lose GPS during a flight & have to pilot back manually.

A good idea to practice with it also in case you ever lose GPS during a flight & have to pilot back manually.
Indeed... personally I see this as the main reason to fly in ATTI mode. So you know what to do and how to control it when it decides to go into ATTI mode on its own, which mine does fairly often. In ATTI it doesn't hold its horizontal position and will keep going in whatever direction momentum or the wind is carrying it. I think this is the cause of a lot of crashes when folks don't know what to do when it goes all ATTI on its own.

I have reached speeds up to 50mph in atti mode, flying the same direction in PGPS mode I could only get up to 34 mph.

If someone learned to fly using cheaper, much more unstable, non GPS equipped toy or hobby quads then there should be no reason to crash the Phantom, even when flying it in Atti mode.. Hell, the phantom is more stable even in Atti mode than many other manual quads I've flown.. With gps on its rock solid, at least mine is

Knowledge is power.. you never know when you will need to rely on your skills rather than the birds electronics. . It's a good thing for everyone to at least test to build confidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: TacAir42

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20