Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Why would you fly ATTI?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by t2adze, Jan 11, 2016.

1. t2adze

Besides waypointa and all that, why would you switch to Atti mode?

2. Dirty Bird

It's faster than GPS mode for one thing. You can also use it to your advantage in some situations. i.e. Flip to ATTI mode & your aircraft will float with the breeze. You can pan/tilt the camera while the wind carries her past a focus point. A good idea to practice with it also in case you ever lose GPS during a flight & have to pilot back manually.

Mizerry and ParsnipHysorter like this.
  3. ParsnipHysorter

Indeed... personally I see this as the main reason to fly in ATTI mode. So you know what to do and how to control it when it decides to go into ATTI mode on its own, which mine does fairly often. In ATTI it doesn't hold its horizontal position and will keep going in whatever direction momentum or the wind is carrying it. I think this is the cause of a lot of crashes when folks don't know what to do when it goes all ATTI on its own.

ScatSpeak, TacAir42 and Dirty Bird like this.
  4. Sinisalo

I have reached speeds up to 50mph in atti mode, flying the same direction in PGPS mode I could only get up to 34 mph.

5. Phantomfreak

If someone learned to fly using cheaper, much more unstable, non GPS equipped toy or hobby quads then there should be no reason to crash the Phantom, even when flying it in Atti mode.. Hell, the phantom is more stable even in Atti mode than many other manual quads I've flown.. With gps on its rock solid, at least mine is

6. TacAir42

When the SHTF then you switch to ATTI and pray really fast then try to fly home on manual control.

ScatSpeak likes this.
  7. 2tButton

Knowledge is power.. you never know when you will need to rely on your skills rather than the birds electronics. . It's a good thing for everyone to at least test to build confidence.

#7 2tButton, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    TacAir42 likes this.