Why would someone not use NAZA mode?

I have never understood why NAZA mode isn't the default. Home Lock is a HUGE plus, makes flying a lot more foolproof, especially for beginners.

Like others have said, don't set S1's bottom position to Manual. Set it to RTH. And make sure RTH is set to return and then land and not just land.

Also, the default distance and altitude limits are set ridiculously high, effectively the same as having no limits.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Haha, I'll stick it into phantom mode tomorrow and check it out although I'm fully up to date with firmware 3.xx compared to 1.xx
I know I wasnt alone on this because ive chatted to others who's p2v's did the exact same.

Just to be clear - you are referring to accessing ATTI via S1 - correct? Because a Phantom in Phantom mode will fly in "Non-GPS mode" if it does not acquire enough satellites, with yellow flashing lights.

Must be the same magical powers that made dji send me an re700 for my p2v for free by mistake :mrgreen:

darwin-t said:
I have never understood why NAZA mode isn't the default. Home Lock is a HUGE plus, makes flying a lot more foolproof, especially for beginners.

Like others have said, don't set S1's bottom position to Manual. Set it to RTH. And make sure RTH is set to return and then land and not just land.

Also, the default distance and altitude limits are set ridiculously high, effectively the same as having no limits.

I change to NAZA the second day with the quad because of the home lock feature. In one of the first flights and due to my poor sight, I loose FPV and can't see where the quad was. Totally disorientated. Thanks my son was beside and he can barely see the quad. The home lock is perfect to restore FPV or at least to regain sight of the quad. The RTH in the S1 is also a must.

darwin-t said:

I'm pretty sure the reason is that in the default Phantom mode, the transmitter is insensitive to the position of the two mode switches. In Naza mode, a beginner could find unexpected things happening if they accidentally took off with the transmitter switches in the wrong position. I know the "Getting Started Guide" tells you "make sure both switches are in the UP position", but I'm sure an awful lot of people just take it out of the box and fly it, without bothering to read the manual.

Yeah funny!

I know a couple guys who wouldn't bother reading the manual. Me I'm the kind of guy who reads the manual before doing the actual purchase.
Thanks for all the replies. I'm pretty confident i'll switch it to NAZA first thing when I'll get it since I am well aware of what it is and how it works now.

Everyone should always use NAZA mode. If you don't know enough about it, then you shouldn't be flying a thousand dollar item around...

Camicus said:
Everyone should always use NAZA mode. If you don't know enough about it, then you shouldn't be flying a thousand dollar item around...

I must respectfully disagree. It's a much, much better idea to do as DJI advise, and work your way through the "Pilot Training Guide" before enabling Naza mode. What you shouldn't be doing is getting the Phantom so far away or so high that you need to use features like "Home Lock" until you've mastered basic flight manoeuvres.

Camicus said:

No one is 'born' with the knowledge, experience, or skills to fly r/c a/c.

All must learn at their own pace (and budget :lol: )

You sound elitist.

I kept mine in phantom mode for the first ten flights. I was just trying to get used to flying. Then I introduced atti, then HL and CL. It can be overwhelming to a new pilot. Now at 20 flights I enjoy messing around with everything but manual! I found the overall speed increase from GPS to Atti is huge too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav