Why would someone not use NAZA mode?

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here. I don't have a phantom yet but I am reading and watching vids all around.

One question I have is why in the manual they say the NAZA is only for experienced users? I don't understand the reason. From what I understand you get new features but the basic stable flying is still available in that mode.

I am thinking that switching from GPS to ATTI can be a life saver for any kind of loss of control due to GPS loss.

Your input?

There is no reason not to. Just make sure you understand the switch settings and do not configure S1 for manual, only failsafe or ATTI.

It's kinda my point. As long as you understand what you do, there is no reason not too. You can keep the same functionality and more.

You have atti in phantom mode (non-naza). Its so new flyers dont flick switches by accident and the phantom goes into a different flying mode without them realising, it could easily disorientate them leading to a crash. Its kinda wise and was a good idea for dji to set it up like this. You will have plenty of other things to concentrate on. Take little steps first.

Speaking of the failsafe thing, I've still yet to test this out on my P2. If not in NAZA mode is the only way of triggering it by switching off the Transmitter?

I checked in the manual and it's not clear you get ATTI in Phantom mode. Can you please confirm for sure? If so, this is already a good improvement.

I had atti in phantom mode on my vision at the start of the year so I dont see why that woukd have changed. Its a dji manual, wouldn't be the first time they lost something in translation.

Switching from gps to atti isnt going to be a lifesaver if you lose gps signal anyway. As soon as your bird sees less than 6 sats it automatically goes into atti anyway.

freefall101 said:
Speaking of the failsafe thing, I've still yet to test this out on my P2. If not in NAZA mode is the only way of triggering it by switching off the Transmitter?
As far as I remember thats correct, only way to initiate RTH in phantom mode is to turn off the tx.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Switching from gps to atti isnt going to be a lifesaver if you lose gps signal anyway. As soon as your bird sees less than 6 sats it automatically goes into atti anyway.

I didn't know that? So what happens say if I am flying my P2 and the satellites drop from 8 or 7 to 6 mid-flight?

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
I had atti in phantom mode on my vision at the start of the year so I dont see why that woukd have changed. Its a dji manual, wouldn't be the first time they lost something in translation.

Ehhhhhh... are you absolutely sure? I had firmware 3.0.4 when I was still flying in Phantom mode... and I had no option for ATTI (and always green lights) no matter the switch position, and distinctly remember the manual saying that Phantom mode was always GPS (have to pull up the old manual if I can find it to check). Thought it'd always been that Phantom mode was just like both switches up in NAZA.

Weird.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

Quite true. It can, however, be a lifesaver if the problem isn't a GPS loss, but a GPS fault that appears to be a suspected leading cause for fly-aways... where you don't actually lose GPS signal, but the signal is misinterpreted causing the Phantom to want to fly off to some other location you did not anticipate. It that case, you can switch into ATTI mode, so the Phantom is not paying attention to the errant GPS any more, and you regain control. Seems to be a proven method to recover from (some) fly-aways.

6 is still fine, you'll still be in gps mode. Its when it drops below that it goes into atti mode

You cant always be in gps mode even just in phantom mode, if you drop below 6 satellites or fly indoors you wont have gps signal at all so you will be in atti mode.

Believe me my very first flight in January was an encounter with a tree because S1 switch was in atti and that was before I switched to naza mode. Trust me I remember because it took less than 30 seconds into that first flight. Battery went 1 way, camera went the other and 3 props smashed, it was spectacular :)

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Believe me my very first flight in January was an encounter with a tree because S1 switch was in atti and that was before I switched to naza mode. Trust me I remember because it took less than 30 seconds into that first flight. Battery went 1 way, camera went the other and 3 props smashed, it was spectacular :)

I think you must be mis-remembering though. ATTI is not, and, as far as I know, never has been, available in PHANTOM mode.

No mis-remembering at all. Straight after I checked it out and I could stick it into atti mode, yellow lights and all. It was another 6 weeks before i switched to Naza mode. Although I wouldnt find it strange because my p2v has always done things slightly differnt to others. I've always got huge distances completely stock.

Haha, I'll stick it into phantom mode tomorrow and check it out although I'm fully up to date with firmware 3.xx compared to 1.xx
I know I wasnt alone on this because ive chatted to others who's p2v's did the exact same.

Haha that must be an awful burden with those kinda super powers mate :)
I know they'd be in the wrong hands with me!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4