Why won't my vision plus fly higher than 480 feet

Hi,I'm not near a airport,it's not that I want to fly that high I was just curious because I've seen people flying that high and mine won't go above 500 I thought there might be something wrong with mine.
Regards
Chris

Which Phantom are you using?
What level of firmware are you using?
What mode are you using?
Given different Phantoms, with different firmware and different operating modes may have software limits programmed.

Simply stated, you may have hit a geofence programmed into the software. Rarely is flying to 1,000 feet advisable.

Hi buk,I have a phantom vision plus
I've only had it a week so very new to all this,I'm used to flying rc helicopters,
I would very much appreciate your help in answering some questions for me.
1)am I right in thinking to find out the firmware I have,I have to download software to my PC to find out(my laptop is being repaired at PC world at the moment.
2) mode? I have read the manual and I have both switches up,I had a (coming home once so switched the right one down to gain control,can you explain to me what they both do please
Regards
Chris

While waiting for your PC to be repaired, if possible for you to view the internet, go to this web page and study the manuals in your native language. Although the manuals are a bit of chinenglish and not always clearly written, much important information is contained therein.

Yes you must (may) connect the Phantom to a computer to complete several of the important tasks. While flying right out of the box is possible, some changes and improvements are possible to make to the Phantom and an important understanding of the variety of calibrations that can be performed is most beneficial to learn. Firmware updates are also possible. It's best to read up on the updates here at Phantom Pilots before installing them.

Be sure to download the drivers from the DJI web site onto your PC before beginning to insure connectivity.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20