Why won't follow me mode follow me???

Reaction score
Hi all, the other day I decided to put the bird in follow me mode while walking along a bush track. I set the altitude at 20 feet and offset about 30 feet to my right, I started the walk no worries it was focussed on me and following me without a problem. After a short while I noticed it had stopped and was just hovering there but still moving on its axis to remain focused.
I had to turn off the feature and bring it over to me then reactive the mode. When I started walking it would not follow, I tried this a few times and eventually gave up.
Any ideas on what caused it to stop following??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you use DJI GO app?
It could be your tablet/phone fault. It could lost satellites for a second among bushes.

Did you use DJI GO app?
It could be your tablet/phone fault. It could lost satellites for a second among bushes.
Hi Angrybird, yes using DJI GO app
All the trees there were quite low about 10 feet.
I wondered if it had something to do with the home point, although I did reset it to my new location but no good.
I'm using IPhone 6 Plus and I tryed resetting everything, must be one of those mysteries

Minimum height is 32 feet. F Mode won't start any lower.
Sorry maybe it was higher, it started working so the minimum distance must have been set

Does it happen always you try "Follow me" ?
I have not been able to try it again, as the weather has been crap. I have only used it on shorter distances and it worked fine, this was the first time I tried it over a longer distance. It got to 487mtrs when it stopped following.

Sorry everyone it was 20 mtrs high not 20 feet

I have not been able to try it again, as the weather has been crap. I have only used it on shorter distances and it worked fine, this was the first time I tried it over a longer distance. It got to 487mtrs when it stopped following.

Follow me mode is _very_ dependent on the correct GPS location being sent from the display device and how often. So the number of satellites locked onto by the display device is very important. I've used by Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and saw a few GPS lock errors. I've also used by Nvidia Shield and almost never seen an error.

Good to know! always wondered why follow me mode never worked!
I believe it should if it's an iPad WiFi+cellular. I understand the WiFi only doesn't have GPS which is required for follow me. I'll find out soon as soon as I get my iPad mount for the RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub