why was i booted from this forum

Reaction score
As the tile say why was i booted from this forum, there has been alot of idiots in the past few weeks and i was not one of them so why.
I deleted alot of my posts because the forum was getting out of hand and i just wanted to keep a low profile until they were booted but for me to be booted for doing nothing wrong was inappropriate.
Many were using foul language and abusive to other members, i was not one of them! :(

Did you get in a fight with any of the offenders? They might've reported you in retaliation...

...and by deleting your posts, you've also removed the evidence that you were not a troll.

maybe.

LeoS said:
Did you get in a fight with any of the offenders? They might've reported you in retaliation...

...and by deleting your posts, you've also removed the evidence that you were not a troll.

maybe.

I did'nt speak to any of the offenders just added them to my foe list, i did comment when i first joined how good the site was as it did'nt have many mods, i also commented too many mods spoil a forum, after that it seemed to kick off and i then posted i was wrong it does need more mods, i tried to join in quite a few times and had no reply to be honest so was a bit dismayed and thats when i removed my replies from posts and thought i would keep out of the way till it all calmed down, in the uk meet ups section i did reply to shortyuk who just lives up the coast from me and also meluk, one of my replies is still on mels post, we were talking about metal detecting as its one of my hobbies, thats where i'm going this afternoon :D
I also talked to themosttoys and pull up, i never said a word wrong and was always polite when asking questions.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Adam will be able to answer this. I take it you got no advance warnings then asking you to moderate your behaviour or remove posts etc?

Nothing at all no warnings no replies nothing, i've just had a look at adams profile under contact member and there's no links or nothing so not sure how to contact him.

Thank you for the replies, i'm off detecting now so will be back on later unless i've been booted again :(

NEILS said:
Shrimpfarmer said:
Adam will be able to answer this. I take it you got no advance warnings then asking you to moderate your behaviour or remove posts etc?

Nothing at all no warnings no replies nothing, i've just had a look at adams profile under contact member and there's no links or nothing so not sure how to contact him.

there is a link to private message him under his profile

Haha... funny little factoid I couldn't help noticing. Your location description: N.E UK is easily read without the point and the space and in Dutch these four letters form the word that means: F*CK. :?

Just as long as you know. ;)

Who says this forum isn't educational? :mrgreen:

Big Ben said:
Haha... funny little factoid I couldn't help noticing. Your location description: N.E UK is easily read without the point and the space and in Dutch these four letters form the word that means: F*CK. :?

:eek: Oh dear i better change it, its north east uk :)

Shrimpfarmer said:
Have a good day.

Thanks Shrimpy, never found anything of interest, i wish i had taken the p2v instead as it was a fine day no wind :)

streetcreep said:
NEILS said:
Shrimpfarmer said:

there is a link to private message him under his profile

Thank you i shall do that now

NEILS said:
Thanks Shrimpy, never found anything of interest, i wish i had taken the p2v instead as it was a fine day no wind :)

You should have Neils, I took mine out this afternoon and had 3 batteries worth in zero wind, first time ever the wind has been flat calm.

Whilst researching for my foe list I noticed a lot of our now "absent friends" ;) were taking the time to delete their posts, presumably to cause trouble and then cover tracks. I suspect you may have just been caught up in a purge due to doing the same. Collateral damage?

It certainly is a lot more pleasant coming on to the forum this afternoon...

Shrimpfarmer said:
NEILS said:

You should have Neils, I took mine out this afternoon and had 3 batteries worth in zero wind, first time ever the wind has been flat calm.

Hope you got some nice shots, i was on the beach, never seen it that calm for a while, only a couple of dog walkers, lots of birds and the police, they found a body of a woman off the pier :shock:

Pull_Up said:
Whilst researching for my foe list I noticed a lot of our now "absent friends" ;) were taking the time to delete their posts, presumably to cause trouble and then cover tracks. I suspect you may have just been caught up in a purge due to doing the same. Collateral damage?

It certainly is a lot more pleasant coming on to the forum this afternoon...

Yes sounds like thats what its been, looking back it was silly to remove them and could be taken the wrong way which ended up the case, just hope Adam sees it that way :|

Its even better than when i joined first time round, lets hope it stays like this

Big Ben said:

Heh. Back in the bad old days of OSI Network Protocols, there was the Connection-Oriented Network Service, or CONS. Cisco changed the term to Connection-Mode (CMNS) after a French speaker told them what it meant (a rather crude word for female genitalia).

I once saw a Cisco VP giving a presentation in Australia about the Reliable SAP Update Protocol, otherwise known as RSUP. Every time he pronounced it ("R-SUP") there was much hilarity. He was very confused. (This also happened with the phrase "fair queue", which if you say it with an Aussie accent fast enough sounds like something altogether different.)

I was on a train in the Soviet Union a long time ago and my fellow travellers and I were reminiscing about 60's vintage Hanna-Barbera cartoons, including the Goofy Guards (Yippee, Yappee, and Yahooey). We started saying "Yahooey!" and the other folks in the train car started looking at us oddly. Our host said, "Boys! Do not say this! It means 'I'm a d*ck!'"

My mom once announced, after dinner at someone's house in the UK, "Boy, I'm stuffed!" to gales of laughter.

It's a miracle we can communicate at all...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub