Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Why update firmware?

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by flynnstone, Aug 8, 2015.

1. flynnstone

it seems like the vast majority of people who update to new firmware report glitches and issues. I haven't updated from 1.1.9 since buying my P3P, and all has been good. Are there any good reasons to go forward with the new firmware update?

2. bbfpv

The consensus is the new fw is solid. I'm still on 1.9 myself but the new fw will support the new features in the Go app like way points, etc once they are released (soon). So while there appears to be no harm upping to the latest fw if you have issues, it doesn't hurt to wait at the moment. I'm confident enough that I'd update if it came down to it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Perceptions based on the way people post to and read forums are quite unreliable.
    Some people do (for a variety of reasons), but the vast majority of people who update to new firmware don't report glitches and issues at all.
    For the same reason some people are scared to fly, believing that Phantoms are falling from the sky like flies. The problem is their perception - not the Phantom.
    Yes ... many flyers had glitches caused by the older firmware and these have been addressed in the new firmware.

4. ScottyT

The good reasons are that you can downgrade back to 1.1.9, should you experience issues with the new firmware. A PITA process, but allegedly doable.

Forum members say things are fixed in the new version but they don't formally publicize the known issues or bug fixes so members can only speculate here, unless you are privy to inside secret information.

If you are flying fine as is, I doubt it will hurt to wait a bit longer to see what issues, if any, come out of the woodwork. Especially if you are on Android as the new Go app hasn't been released yet.

bobmyers likes this.
  5. johnny61

I had to because the motors would not engage until I did .Go figure DJI

6. Mordor

If it works, don`t don`t change....
    Someone forget to refer the risks of flashing, going bad...(some "few" users are OFF, so far).

Yes i have experience, since my DVD reader, phones and finishing on my car, on flash.

7. tcope

Personally I'm not having any issues with my current set up (1.9 firmware) and have yet to see newer firmware add anything of value. So for me, there is no reason to update at this time. Why take a chance I'm one of the few/many that has an issue. This and that another release should be coming soon.

bobmyers likes this.