Why the terrible documentation?

Reaction score
Just got a p3, I'm in disbelief at how poor the docs are. Even the tutorial videos on the Dji site have no real walk throughs on step 1, 2, 3, etc. Does the company seriously want people to learn these things using independently made youtube videos?

Just got a p3, I'm in disbelief at how poor the docs are. Even the tutorial videos on the Dji site have no real walk throughs on step 1, 2, 3, etc. Does the company seriously want people to learn these things using independently made youtube videos?
I agreed that their documentation is poorly designed and their horrible customer service. I truly believe that DJI is managed by incompetent people and even the CEO is a totally jackass.

Did you download and read the actual manual from DJI? I'm not talking about the little quick start guide that comes with it.

Reactions: kage65
Reactions: kage65
I am still in a state of being so wary a month down the line. Youtube is your best friend sadly and taking it slow and steady.

Also look for a few flight check sheets they help taylor to your needs.

Have fun :)

Reactions: JSKCKNIT and kage65
Read the manual, That's a farce. Nothing to read, but small pictures.

It's 55 pages long... but there's nothing to read. LOL

Funny how I read it and had my bird up in the air the very first day I owned it. I had never had a hobby grade drone nor had I EVER even seen a DJI Phantom in real life. But yet.... I figured it out.

I've read a lot.
What im still confused about is the indicator lights for status. Do they mean all 4 of the lights?
Also, I've seen some vids where there is a cord going from the smart phone to the controller. Is a cord necessary? These things are not explained in the manual. Thanks

A P3S uses no USB cord connected to the monitor, but the P3A, P3P and P34K do. The P3S uses wifi direct from the aircraft to your monitor for video downlink and 5.8 GHz radio signal between the RC and the AC for control. The monitor is not connected to the remote, but to the AC.

I've read a lot.
What im still confused about is the indicator lights for status. Do they mean all 4 of the lights?
Also, I've seen some vids where there is a cord going from the smart phone to the controller. Is a cord necessary? These things are not explained in the manual. Thanks

If you saw a video with a cord..... then you were watching the wrong video. Make sure when you are looking at a video, it is specifically for the standard. The Pro and Advanced might look similar, but there are LOTS of differences. And the indicator lights they are talking about would be JUST the rear 2. It explains this on pages 10 and 11 of the manual.

I've read a lot.
I'm with Matts175 on this one. The indicator lights are clearly explained in the manual. The reason the manual doesn't explain connecting with a cable is because the P3S needs no cable. The manual explains how to connect via wifi. I too, with no prior experience, read the manual when I first got my P3S and had no trouble with it. It told me everything I needed to know. I've had no trouble, no flyaways and no crashes.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
........The P3S uses wifi direct from the aircraft to your monitor for video downlink and 5.8 GHz radio signal between the RC and the AC for control. The monitor is not connected to the remote, but to the AC.

This is somehwhat misleading.
When you say monitor, I assume you are referring to a tablet or cellular phone...aka device.
The device uses Wifi to connect to the remote controller's WiFi signal not the aircraft.

Last edited:
I've read a lot.

Sounds like this drone won't have a long life

This is somehwhat misleading.
When you say monitor, I assume you are referring to a tablet or cellular phone...aka device.
The device uses Wifi to connect to the remote controller's WiFi signal not the aircraft.
That's what I thought. There's no way a smartphone/tablet could maintain a Wi-Fi signal from a flying access point several hundred to a few thousand feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4