Why the lack of Documentation???

Reaction score
I recently bought and crashed my P3S. After about 20 flights. Ughh
Broke the gimbal.
But that is not my question.
In trying to isolate and fix my problem, I discovered there are no schematics or block diagrams or even an exploded parts list for the Phantom.

Hoping I am wrong and just have not found anything.
Help?
Thanks
Bill

DJI wants the repair cash.
Maybe they don't want you trying to fix your drone to possible liability problems. Some here can't fly let alone fix a drone . Back in the 70s when a lot of power tools went from being grounded to non grounded double insulated. ..like drills etc. I tried to buy some brushes for a Sears Craftsman drill. They would not sell them. They had no idea if I could do the repair properly and not defeat the double insulation factor since the drill case had to be opened. I think they were trying to cover their back side . I can understand that a bit. Some people could burn a house down changing light bulb.

Last edited:
Search you tube there are hundreds of people who will show you how to fix it. You can search P3S parts and find anything you need just repaired my first crash and that's what I did.

Maybe they don't want you trying to fix your drone to possible liability problems. Some here can't fly let alone fix a drone . Back in the 70s when a lot of power tools went from being grounded to non grounded double insulated. ..like drills etc. I tried to buy some brushes for a Sears Craftsman drill. They would not sell them. They had no idea if I could do the repair properly and not defeat the double insulation factor since the drill case had to be opened. I think they were trying to cover their back side . I can understand that a bit. Some people could burn a house down changing light bulb.

I hear you, but you can get a manual to fix your 2001 Ford F350 4x4 and then run over dozens of people.

But yes now we have to suffer from mowers automatically shutting down when you get your butt off the seat or release the handle. Just because in 1982 someone could not keep his toes from under the deck. ughhh

So valid points, but usually by now DIYers find a way to get this info.

SO HURRY UP GUYS.....:)

Search you tube there are hundreds of people who will show you how to fix it. You can search P3S parts and find anything you need just repaired my first crash and that's what I did.

Youtube is a mixed bag and yes I did go there and it did help me fix my gimbal. But it still does not work. With a schematic I might figure out where to go next.

SO I WANT MY DOCS! :)

True you have to be careful maybe someone has hacked into DJI and has that secret info [emoji48][emoji1317]

I hear you, but you can get a manual to fix your 2001 Ford F350 4x4 and then run over dozens of people.

But yes now we have to suffer from mowers automatically shutting down when you get your butt off the seat or release the handle. Just because in 1982 someone could not keep his toes from under the deck. ughhh

So valid points, but usually by now DIYers find a way to get this info.

SO HURRY UP GUYS.....:)

Actually if your Lawn Tractor is anything like mine (Husqvarna / Jonsered) ... if you engage the hand brake, disengage the cutters - the engine does not stop when you get out of the seat.

Nigel

Actually if your Lawn Tractor is anything like mine (Husqvarna / Jonsered) ... if you engage the hand brake, disengage the cutters - the engine does not stop when you get out of the seat.

Nigel

Our brand new Husqvarna 46 inch Lawn Tractor kills the motor no matter what. hmmmm

We have dumber operators here LOL

Our brand new Husqvarna turns off the engine no matter if you get off the seat.

The Gubment has to protect us from ourselves. ughh

Back to original topic, few companies provide Technical manuals for electronic devices like these. If I had one for an acquaintance's laptop, I might have been able to fix the power circuit.

I realize that.

To quote myself.........
"I discovered there are no schematics or block diagrams or even an exploded parts list for the Phantom.

Hoping I am wrong and just have not found anything"

I am not saying that DJI should provide them to me as a consumer. I am merely lamenting the fact that they don't exist at any level from any source. Today.

Eventually "stuff" comes out.

As to your point, it took me 20 seconds to find a block diagram for the laptop I am using.

http://notebookschematic.com/?s=hp+pavilion+dv9720us

Got to love the internet and hate it too.

Have fun
Bill

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj